Chapter Five: First Date

★Colette★

I woke up the next morning in Kent's arms, smiling to myself. He had kept his promise and kept the bad dreams away. I look at him and chuckle. He is still sleeping and has a secure hold around my waist. I notice his shirt is missing and I'm lying with a shirtless man.

A very attractive shirtless man.

I prop myself up on my elbow and trace his cheekbone, down his jaw, across his collarbone. Down his chest to his abdomen, slowly creeping down toward his v-shaped hip bones, along the edge of his gym shorts. Suddenly, his hand reaches out and stops mine, I look up at him and blush.

He is peeking through his lashes at me, smirking. "That's ticklish, Queenie."

I frown and rip my hand from his. "Don't call me that."

"Oh come on, Colette." he sighs, I turn over away from him. His arms wrap around me and he spoons into my side. "Did you ever stop and think about why I call you that?" he asks.

I thought about it. "No, why?"

"So you don't remember eighth grade, when you starred in the school play as Snow White's step mother? A wonderful production might I say." he tells me, I think back remembering it fondly. There was a lot of dancing in that play, it's why I tried out.

"Yes. . . ?" I question, he sighs and kisses my cheek.

"You were 'The Evil Queen.' Well, you played an excellent roll and I just called you Queenie since then. It was a good nickname." he says.

"I always thought you were mocking me or something." I say and fidget with the blanket. "Zack calls me 'Queenie' too, but not for the same reason."

He sighs. "I know, he's bit of an ass."

"Why are you even friends with him? I mean, from what I gather, he's not a very nice person period." I say, Kent shrugs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I've known Zack since I could walk, we were best friends because our parents were. They still are, me and Zack are too. He's never left me, he's always there for me, and he's pretty funny." he says, then notices my grim expression. "Not always in such a good way though."

"I never did anything to him though! He just hates me!" I groan, getting up and heading into the kitchen. Kent follows me and sits at the island.

"I've tried asking why he hates you, but I don't get much of an answer." he says, shrugging once again.

"Whatever." I mumble, my voice cracking slightly. Shit, I'm gonna cry. Damn you, Zack.

Kent sighs and walks over to me. I turn to face away from him, trying to hide my teary expression. He places his hands on my shoulders and squeezes them gently.

"I know you're about to cry, Queenie." he says, making me whip my head around towards his. When I do, our faces are inches apart. I blush and back away a little bit. He laughs and wipes his thumbs underneath my eyes, wiping away my tears I hadn't realized fallen.

"Come on, let's forget about this and go out for the day. Then we can come back and get ready for our date. Alright?" he asks, rubbing my upper arms.

I blush at the mention of a date between me and Kent. "Alright."

★★★★★

When we get back to the hotel, I escape from Kent for a moment to go take a shower. When I finish, I hop out, instantly missing the pulsing shower jets. I sigh and wrap a towel around myself, walking into the bedroom. As soon as I open the door, I let out a small scream.