Dear Connor Murphy

Dear Connor Murphy,

    Before you came into my life and saved me, I'd never had a friend before. I'd watch people from a distance, always longing for something I knew I could never have because I was just too awkward.

    But when you found me, you didn't care about that. You didn't care that I could barely talk to you. You didn't care that I couldn't stand to be closer than a foot away from you. You didn't notice my tics and fidgets or the way I pick at my cast and play with the hem of my shirt. You just saw me, Evan Hansen.

    For some reason, you stuck around. You chose to care about me in a way that no one else did. You actually think what I'm saying is interesting and worthwhile, and it makes me feel like I'm important.

    It breaks my heart that you don't feel the same way. I think you're amazing, and special and kind. I know that, like me, you've never had anyone in your life to tell you these things, so it's my goal now to show you the person I see in you.

    Connor Murphy, you are special. You are loved. You are important. You make me want to continue on living. Your laugh is one of my favorite sounds, and I think your smile is more beautiful than the trees. I love when you notice I'm upset the second you see my face. It lets me know that you're paying attention to me, that you actually care about me as a person. I love that secret smile you save just for me, the one that makes your eyes light up. I love how you love books so much because you get to imagine the scenery and can be creative in a way movies won't let you. I love how you always know when I'm upset and know just what to do to make me feel better.

    I'm sorry that people have made you feel like you don't matter, but you do, Connor. You matter to me. I literally would not be sitting here alive if it wasn't for you. The things you do have power, Con. These things and more things I'll discover later in our relationship are what makes you special. And I love each and every thing about you.

    I hope that in the future, you might be able to see yourself how I see you. I've made it my goal to show you how wonderful you are. I hope you're ready.

    Sincerely,

        Me.

***

Hey everyone! I know today isn't Sunday, but I lost my job yesterday so I had nothing to do today so I wrote the letters and most of a chapter. Tomorrow I'll finish the actual chapter but I wanted to give you these :) I think they're super cute. Lemme know what you think!!

~hamilfan123987