21: Moon Project // pt 2

Your (h/c) (h/l) hair was now ruffled from putting on the hoodie. You patted it down a bit. It still looked a bit messy, but it looked fine.

Your (f/c) pants/shorts were in your bag since you wanted to change after the princess and prince thing, but now since it wasn't going to happen, you just put them on. You wore your (f/c) boots/converses and took a deep breath.

Whatever Dave was going to do, you hoped it would be good enough for a good grade.

You stood by the stage behind the curtains, just as Dave had told you before you went to change.

The lights were turning from bright to dark, which meant that the show was starting. You saw Principal Hussie's horse trotting around, different students taking turns riding the horse and taking pictures.

You spotted Dave at the music setup table. He was getting ready and working on the project - whatever it was - on the laptop. He looked up and smiled at you with a thumbs up. You responded with the same gesture.

"Alternians! Are you ready for our annual Moon Showcase!" Principal Hussie yellow out as he walked onto the stage, his grand king-like green coat with different colours lining the coat dragging behind him. The students cheered in response.

"Well, I don't have a mic because Strider over there had taken mine!" he yelled again, the students laughing. Dave waved the microphone in the air.

"So let's give him the first spotlight so that I won't have to yell anymore for the night. Alternians, give it up for Dave Strider and (f/n) (l/n)!" He skipped off the stage.

You took a deep breath. You trusted him. You knew he was gonna do something great. You smiled at him. He smiled back before looking back at the audience, putting the microphone to his mouth.

"So all of our projects have themes," he said, his voice radiating through the speakers. "And ours is, well.. Didn't wanna use the word 'love' because didn't seem cool enough. So our theme is..." He looked over at you, and you looked back at him comfortingly.

That's what you loved about your relationship - how even just looking at each other makes you feel so comfortable.

"Well, maybe you'll find a way to name it something cool after you've watched it," he said, directed towards you, but somehow also to the audience. They cheered loudly as he nodded, as if saying, don't-worry-I-got-this.

You nodded back reassuringly, smiling.

He pressed the space key on his laptop which was connected to the large screen on stage. A video started playing.

One of Dave's chill beats was playing in the background, which you immediately recognised, because it was one of your favourites by him.

The video simply started off with a pillow. You began to wonder what it was all about - until the camera zoomed out. The scene was clear now - it was you in his room, laughing about something. The recording was shaking, which meant that it must have been Dave recording this since he was laughing with you too. You didn't even know he recorded this. This was before the both of you were officially together, too.

The next scene was of you posing for a picture, but showing a shocked face when you realised that Dave was actually taking a video. You covered your mouth as you started laughing because you were posing for so long. As you stood behind the curtains, you were beaming. You never thought that he was going to be doing this for your project.

You looked back at him. He shrugged and pointed at his laptop. So that's why he didn't want you to see what he was working on - he was doing the project on his laptop.