5: Avoidance

John looked at you worriedly as you stabbed the pudding on your food tray with a fork repeatedly.

The four of you were at the table. John, Jade, Rose and you. Dave was somewhere else. You didn't know where. You didn't even bother asking because you didn't care.

John looked at Jade, then looked back at you. "Uh, (First name)? You okay? You look a little nervous.."

You looked up, dropping the fork on your table with a huge clang! and smiled sweetly at him. "Yes, I am perfectly okay. Why do you ask?"

Jade giggled. Then she cleared her throat and looked all serious. "What's wrong, (First name)?"

You sighed. "Dave is my partner for the Moon Project.."

"Really? THAT'S GREAT-" John began but was cut off by your death stare.

"He doesn't like me. I'm not going to finish this Moon Project in peace," you sighed frustratedly.

"He does like you-"

You hurriedly got up, grabbed your books in a rush and swung your backpack over one shoulder. "You know what, I'm so sick of hearing all the lies. He does not even like my presence. He's just silent and doesn't care." And you stormed off.

You were so mad, you didn't notice that you had practically yelled in the canteen.

And you also didn't notice in the corner of the canteen; a blonde boy with sunglasses, sitting with the jocks at a table.

And nobody noticed the slightest look of hurt in his eyes behind his sunglasses.