Sick

"Lucas, I swear I'm fine." Aurelia sighed, a hint of laughter in her voice as her husband pushed her back into bed.

They had been married for about four months now and had also recently been crowned king and queen of Atharia. They had found themselves surprisingly comfortable with the positions and were doing their best. It was tiring though and Lucas was beginning to fear for Aurelia's health.

Over the past month she had grown more tired along with the illness of throwing up occasionally. She'd also been a bit moody. One minute she was frustrated with some little task and the next she was apologizing to everything. It was unlike her. He'd already lost his mother to illness. He wasn't losing her too.

"Aurelia, just rest. I'll discuss with the council about the issues they said they needed to discuss and I'll be back in as soon as possible. If you need anything there are plenty of people who can aid the queen. I mean we live in a castle for pete's sake. Send them to get me-"

"Lucas, I'm fine." Aurelia stated. "I think you may be overreacting."

"Relia, you've been sick for over a month. That's clearly bad."

"Luke," Aurelia grabbed his hands in hers and looked him in the eyes. "I think I'll be 'sick' for another eight months."

Lucas simply stared at her in confusion. He didn't understand what she meant in the slightest.

"What kind of sickness is this?" Lucas wondered to himself.

"Morning sickness..." Aurelia mumbled.

"What?" Lucas asked, not able to hear what she said.

"Lucas, I swear this isn't what you think it is. I'm not dying... At least not most likely." Aurelia told him.

"That's not going to stop me from doing extensive research on what you could have. Let's see. Fatigue, throwing up, dizziness, headaches, mood swings-" He paused. He stared at her.

"Take a good look at the evidence of that list of symptoms." Aurelia smirked.

"No..." Lucas said in shock.

"Yes." She nodded.

"No..." Lucas repeated. "You're not..."

"Yes, I am. I am." Aurelia smiled.

Luke's face split into a wide grin. "You're really?"

"How many times do I have to tell you yes?" Aurelia laughed. That was the trigger. Her laugh. It was too much for him.

He jumped on her, pressing his lips on hers. She was surprised, but eagerly responded. He pulled away and spoke.

"I can't believe how lucky am."

"I know." Aurelia leaned her forehead against his.

"My life is amazing." Lucas' blue eyes gazed into Aurelia's green. She bit her lip, still smiling. "You've made my life amazing."

They shared another sweet, passionate kiss.

Life couldn't get better.