The Scarlet Lady

"We're going to have to be stealthy to sneak to the lower decks though." Aurelia stated.

"Wait, what's the plan?" Lucas wondered worried.

Aurelia had a brave and slightly mischievous look on her face. Lucas seemed to know exactly what she was thinking. His eyes grew large with worry.

"Aurelia, you're going to get yourself hurt." Lucas stated.

Aurelia smiled. "That's the plan. Follow me."

She watched the pirates. None were looking in their direction. The timing was perfect. She scurried out from behind the barrels and rushed down stairs to the lower deck, Lucas right behind her.

The Pirates had been too busy to notice and they were grateful.

"We need something sharp." Aurelia mumbled, looking around the dark, storage area.

"Are you sure we need it? Can't we just use something that just appears red?"

"Lucas, there's no red dye, ketchup, or beet juice on board. There's nothing else that will work."

"Why do you have to do it?" Lucas wondered.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but there is a lack of women on board. I'm already wearing a nightgown and I'm not scared, so I think I've got this." Aurelia hissed, rummaging through stuff. He didn't need to be so worried about her.

"Not what I meant, Lia. I meant why can't I draw my own blood, for you. It's not fair for you to do everything." Lucas suggested.

"Your blood is a lot more precious than mine is. I refuse to let royal blood be spilt, besides I'm not afraid of a little blood loss. It's not like this cut will kill me." Aurelia gritted her teeth as she pulled out exactly what she was looking for. "Aha!"

"You could. It could get infected." Lucas stated.

"Which is all the more reason why I should be the one whose blood is spilled. We can't afford to lose our prince, at least not until we get a new ruler like our plan suggests." Aurelia turned to show the prince her find.

A dagger that was most welcome to the young peasant girl. She took a deep breath and held out he left palm. With her dominate right hand she held the dagger. Lucas wanted to stop her, but she acted before he could. She cut deep into her left palm, wincing at the pain. Tears welled up in her eyes. She couldn't help it. It stung.

Lucas grabbed her wrist, but it was too late. Crimson blood pool in her hand. She smeared it on the stomach of her gown.

"There," She said. "That's taken care off. Do you think I can pull off The Scarlet Lady?"

Lucas nodded, frowning. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Aurelia nodded. "I'll be fine."

"Do you at least want to bandage that up?" Lucas suggested.

"Nah, it won't help convince them." Aurelia stated. "Wish me luck!"

Lucas sighed. "Good luck. I hope you don't need it."

"Stay down here, where it's safe." Aurelia commanded. She smiled at the prince before scurrying upstairs. It was time to act.

The clash of sword clanged on the top deck as Aurelia made her way back upstairs. The crew were fighting!

To the Pirates it was like she appeared out of nowhere, as the had all been too busy to notice her.

She tried to walking gracefully, like floating, but she knew that she was failing miserably.

"The Scarlet Lady!" One man with a gold tooth and an empty eye socket exclaimed. He dropped the fight he was in and jumped overboard to swim back to his own ship.

Others seemed to follow suite, except that they used the ropes to get across like they had done before. All of the Pirates were terrified of this curse, but not all left the ship. About half remained, battling crew members.

The Captain of Red Skulls stayed, battling Captain Iric. He glared at Aurelia before disarming Iric and knocking him to the ground.

"You cowards! This lass isn't a ghost! I'll prove it." The infamous Captain Robert Morgen hissed.

He stepped towards Aurelia, his sword aimed at her, a menacing and mentally unstable look on his face. Aurelia gulped nervously. She had no way to defend herself.

"Ghosts aren't solid." He muttered, crazed.

He was planning on running her through with the sword! He drew closer and closer to her when...

CHIIIANG!

Lucas had appeared almost as if out of nowhere in front of Aurelia. His sword was raised, guarding the peasant girl.