Her Golden Voice

Lucas skimmed through the book about name charms. Clearly there wasn't too much information on the subject by the size of the book.

Uncommon charms that can serve few purposes. Name charms can cause certain names to be jinxed or cause certain names being spoken to break or enact a certain charm. Lucas read, silently to himself.

Why did the sisters think this was important information? What purpose would this information serve him? Sure it was interesting, but why did he have to know? He just couldn't figure it out.

It was strange to think that he didn't even have his future planned out and yet three women knew his entire life. Was the future planned out from day one? Could it be changed? Just thinking about it made his head hurt.

Aurelia gave him a worried look. She put an arm on his shoulder in comfort. That was another weird thing. It was eery for her to go so long without speaking to him since they met. He smiled at her.

"I'm fine, Lia. I'm just thinking." He did a double take, looking between her and the book. He turned to her and grasped her by the shoulders.

"Do you know what this means?" Lucas wondered.

Aurelia tilted her head in thought before nodding. She pointed at her throat.

"Let's get your voice back." Lucas grabbed her by the hand and the two swiftly dashed out of the library.

It didn't take long before they were standing in the lobby of a familiar building. Three oddly colored eyes watched them as they entered.

"Did you accomplish your tasks?" Nona asked, politely.

Lucas took out the vial revelationecaritate and slammed it on the lobby's desk. Aurelia folded her arms next to him, confident in her friend.

"Yes I see... Thank you for the potion." Nona took the small vial off the desk.

"Will you give Aurelia her voice now?" Lucas hissed, impatient.

Decuma smiled a mischievous smile and waved her hand. The scroll they had given the fact two floated through the air towards her. Aurelia and Lucas both tensed up at the use of magic. They were never going to get used to it.

She looked it over. All the iteams had been crossed off, by a force that wasn't either Lucas or Aurelia.

"That seems to be in order. Lucas," Decuma began. "Do you understand why we did this to you?"

"To teach me a lesson." Lucas glared.

"You need to learn to speak up, boy." Morta's eye narrowed at the prince. He glared back. "Communication is important and if you can't communicate properly how do you expect-"

"No for telling the future." Nona reminded.

"I know that." Morta snapped, glaring at her sister. It was clear she was only trying to save face.

"I get it. Communication is important. I need to speak up. All that stuff. I get it. Can Aurelia have her voice back now?" Lucas folded his arms.

The sisters were taken aback by being spoken to that way. It was just shocking to see a mortal, especially one that as quiet as Lucas, speak to them in that matter. Nona smiled. There was hope for him.

"Of course," Nona waved her hand and a ball of golden light was conjured in her hand.

The ball of light seemed to speak in with a sweet tone, but no words were clear. Aurelia held her breath as soon as she saw saw the golden light. She sensed- no she knew it belonged to her.

The light left Nona's hand, leaping into the air. It flew over to Aurelia, soaring down her esophagus. Her face and throat glowed a bright golden yellow as her voice was reunited with her. Lucas and the sisters watched the glow fade.

"Aurelia..." Lucas stated, waiting to see if she could speak.

Aurelia took a deep breath. Her hands shook as she opened her mouth.

"Lucas?" She stated in her honey sweet voice.

The two jumped into each other's arms, pulling the other into a tight hug. They had done it. Aurelia could speak again.

"I never thought I'd miss hearing your voice so much." Lucas teased, placing his head on top of hers. His arms wrapped around her shoulders and her squeezed his chest.

"Thank you, Luke." She wrapped her arms around him tighter.

He had been expecting a witty remark back, not a genuine form of gratitude. He felt his face flush red with warm.

"Anything for you, Lia." Lucas told her. His face flushed redder at hearing his own words. He broke the full body hug. "Uh it was no problem." Lucas laughed awkwardly.

He remembered the Fate sisters were there. "Uh thank you." They had taken her voice, but at least they gave it back.

"You're welcome. Now I suggest you go on your way. Not too much farther until Orion Hollow, is it?" Decuma smiled.

Lucas nodded. "Right, uh thanks again. Um... Is there anything else you can tell me about what the future holds?"

"The twins are trouble makers." Decuma stated. "Be careful of them." Morta and Nona glared at her.

"You already know all we can say." Nona stated. "To you that is. We have something for Aurelia to know."

Aurelia was startled. What would they have to tell her? Perhaps it had something to do with her visions?

"What-" Aurelia began.

"Look back in your family history. You'll find your answers there." Morta said, cryptically.

"Now that's really all we can say. The two of you really should be off." Nona told them. Lucas and Aurelia nodded in agreement.

Their adventure continued on, taking them into the Twisted Thicket.