Final Author's Note (no, I'm not crying😭)

Guys... I finished my first book!

I know I'm a writer and all but I cannot express the happiness it gives me to have done this. I thought about giving up on this book so many times, I can't even count the amount of times I just wanted to give up but luckily I have some friends (on and off Wattpad) who were there to remind me that I couldn't give up.

Usually I'm the kind of person that becomes overly excited about something but gets bored with it some time later and if you don't believe me well... This is the the fifth book, I think, that I have begun writing but it is now officially the first one I finish. 

By the time you're reading this I'll probably be dying trying to study for my excessive amount of exams this month and write at the same time, but I wanted to let you know that as I'm writing this it's Wednesday the 25th of October, the day Idiot's Guide To Falling In Love comes to an end. 

I can't express how thankful I am for all of my amazing readers who have stayed by my side as I wrote this. You deserve an award for being so patient with me and my one chapter a week, one chapter every few months and a one month hiatus. You have all won a special place in my heart. 

I know probably nobody cares but I wanted to tell the story of how this book came to be.

I play handball which is a very known sport in Germany. So one day during practice a very handsome young man who used to be my crush at the time was there. He sat away from all of his friends and sat on the only bench where we could mutually see each other no matter what part of the gym I was in. He would look down to his phone and then look at me play.

That may sound familiar to a certain chapter in this book and that is because I inspired the scene in chapter 12 on what happened that day. Anyways, I couldn't get it out of my head so I wrote what I was thinking on a piece of paper and while I was folding it an idea came into my mind.

I'm not sure what title came first, if it was the Spanish or English version, I think it was the Spanish version. But whichever it was, I wrote it all down and kept the paper, hid it and found a few months later when I was writing chapter 12. 

And something a few of my friends have noticed are the characters, and I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Some of the characters in the book have either inspired a character's personality or their name. 

Shawn was inspired by the guy I liked when I first came up with the idea.

Emma was sort of inspired by me.

Tamara's name came from a friend on mine. 

Vincent's name is a very, very poor translation of the name of a guy I sort of liked last year. 

Then Steven's name (he's Shawn's brother in case you don't remember) came from one of my best friends. 

Also, I don't really explain what happens after Shawn and Emma kiss, but I do know what happens so if you want to know or have any questions about the ending or the book in general, ask away! I'll be happy to answer them all. I'd write an epilogue, but I truly believe there is nothing more to tell, even if I did create a more detailed ending for them in my head.

Then... I think there's nothing left for me to say. 

No! Wait! I need your opinions. What book should I continue writing? I'm not sure which one would be more interesting. 

How To Break A Friendship - A story of a girl who breaks her friendship with her best friend to become popular. It's something not loved related, which I like.

Hoodie Boys - A book related to the issues in the modern day life of teenagers. It deals with themes like bullying, self harm, suicide, cyber bullying and such. It's the story of a girl, Alison Collins, who tries to reconnect with her childhood best friends in order to save their lives.

Night Thinker & Day Dreamer - A boy and a girl fall in love with each other but neither of them say anything in fear that the only one doesn't feel the same. They're two short stories, one from the girl's perspective and one from the boy's.

Blue Blood - A world where clones created war and humans must face a challenge they do not fully understand. It's a science fiction book, but it'll be epic. 

Tic Toc (I'll probably change the name to "The Prankster") - Some students at Washington High live in fear of the anonymous person known as The Prankster, while other's praise them. When a dead body is found everyone realizes that they have one thing in common - they all have something to lose. (Mystery)

For Five Minutes - After a tragic plane crash leaves sisters April and Kate orphans, April must go live with her sister in Washington, a place she never though she'd see again. 

The Invisibility Cape - Robin Taylor was known as "The Cape Girl" from kindergarten to middle school, but when high school arrives she's more than ready to move on from her label as the school's fangirl and superhero obsessed who wore a cape everyday for ten years. What she didn't expect was for everyone to remember her caped past and not move forward from it. No friends, bad reputation, middle child and freshman year of high school. What could go wrong?

Then there's Chasing Smoke, but I'll be writing it as an attempt to write it in a month for NaNoWriMo. 

Please tell me which one you'd like me to write next!

So, I guess this is goodbye dear readers. The book has ended and honestly I don't know what to say. I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I loved writing it. 

Goodbye, see you on another book!