CHAPTER NINE.

LIGHT snores filled the room until DeVante woke up looking at Janet and then at himself in the mirror. He thought about the gruesome things he's done and even tried to develop feelings about situations but it failed. No emotions what so ever but with Janet.. he felt something pure and to tell you the truth it scared him but he realized it was love. 

DeVante wanted to kill her the night she came to the club dancing her ass off but he also hated the feeling of loving her when she was just supposed to be another fuck and kill.

 He planned on taking her as one of his victims but then he sunk into his thoughts and wondered what if she isn't worth killing? She was just a part-time writer and a detective who did nothing wrong in life but deserved love and also sheltered herself from it. Was he the one able to give it to her? his addiction to killing only made him feel more bad about himself and what he's gotten himself into. 

 I've been doing this shit for a long ass..time it doesn't mean anything.

. "What are you thinking about?"Janet asked, waking up with a yawn stretching her legs out. "Nothing." He replied, softly looking into her eyes and held her tighter while running his fingers through her puffy roots and straight ends. 

"I'm thinking about how I'm going to work tomorrow with sore legs," Janet said, tracing circles on his chest. "You'll make it work." DeVante's morning voice was just so damn sexy to Janet. It turned her on and then she'd blush at the memories of last night.

 "So when am I gonna meet your parents?" Janet asked, and that question hit him by surprise resulting in him having a reminder of his brutal past. He buried the memory of what was destroyed a long time ago. DeVante could feel a tear rolling down his cheek and Janet noticed the sadness in his eyes that she never saw before. 

"D—Did I say something wrong?" Janet stuttered. while she sat herself up and pulling the covers over her naked breast, caressing the side of his face with her free hand. He held her hand and leaned into it and sighed before answering her.

 "They're gone and that's all I wish to say about it." DeVante muttered, slipping away from her and walked slowly towards the bathroom but stopped when Janet called his name, he turned around licking his dry lips softly. 

"Why don't we speak about things like couples do? I feel like we're just together just to be together for the sex. We have been doing this for quite some time now. This isn't the ideal relationship that I wanted, craved, or wrote about." Janet confessed, followed by a sigh and DeVante nodded urging her to continue.

" —Hell you don't even know my favorite color. I don't even know yours." Janet twirled a piece of her hair. "We'll talk about this later... don't you gotta go to work today?''He asked, and Janet blinked multiple times.

 don't you gotta go to work today?''He asked, and Janet blinked multiple times