CHAPTER EIGHT.

(I had to add a little hint of gay.)

JANET'S eyes were burning with a furious rage looking at Detective Haughton who was smirking standing beside the Lieutenant who was informing her that they had to work together to track down a witness and finally get closer in the investigation

 "What do you mean I have to work with her?" Janet sucked her teeth as she folded her arms and Aaliyah bit her lips looking at her especially eyeing her cleavage and then she'd let out a cruel laugh. "Just what he meant Jackson." She rolled her eyes dusting off her shoulder and Lieutenant Jamison chuckled.

 "Stop messing with her Haughton. Anyways, I'm not going to explain myself to you. Get the shit done so we can finally get rid of the bastard that's been killing these innocent people." Lieutenant Jamison walked off and Aaliyah watched him while he walked away and turned back at Janet with a teasing smirk. 

"I fucking hate you." Janet scrunched up her face looking at her with such hate. "If I was an antisocial freak who writes shitty books that barely makes enough money to pay the rent I would hate me too. I mean look at me? I have everything you cant get." Aaliyah winked at her and Janet's fist clenched almost stabbing herself with her nails. 

Aaliyah chuckled at how she was so triggered by everything she said in her eyes Janet needed to lighten up. "I'm just busting your balls, Jackson." Aaliyah snatched her wrist and dragged her to her side of the building where her office was. 

Her and Morris would be the perfect couple.

They manage to put their differences aside and they still bickered but they also found a survivor who was up for questioning in a few minutes. "All these victims have something in common." Aaliyah noticed looking at each summary of the victim's death and location.

 "What?" Janet said, looking at the picture of victims running her fingers across the shiny photos. "They all went to Room 723 before their deaths." Aaliyah came up with a theory that someone in the club was killing these people with a motive.

What if DeVante had something to do with this? Nah he couldn't have.

 "Room 7-723?"Janet stuttered, which made Aaliyah arch a brow at her and crossed her legs gazing at Janet. "Why are you stuttering Jackson you got something to hide?" Aaliyah studied her body language and noticed that she was hiding her true feelings very well. 

"No, I just think that it's crazy. Room 723 has been here for like twenty years why are the murders just now popping up?" Janet threw her off with that question and Aaliyah smirked at her words then her face reverted back to the coldness stern expression it was before.