CHAPTER SIX.

MARIAH looked at herself in the cracked mirror and took a washcloth and drenched it in the running water and then turned it off. She winced feeling the warm cloth on her skin and wiped the dried blood off of her face then she looked at various tiny and large scars on her face due to her face being smashed in the window.

She used the makeup that they gave her and it had nice coverage matching her skin tone covering the scars on her face and even her purple eye. She may be scarred but she was still beautiful and then she would put her hair into a nice bun making sure that it wasn't that tight to put on a headache.

"You clean up nicely." He smirked walking towards her then he'd stand behind her running his hands down her sides making her jump a little. "I thought I wasn't your type?" Mariah said. exhausted looking into the mirror and saw him bite his lip.

Why do you keep playing with this man Mariah? He might kill your ass!

"Maybe I'm growing a liking towards you..." He bent her down and her chest was now over the sink along with her head laid on the faucet, she was very.. uncomfortable.

"So this is what you're gonna do.. " He gripped her hands harshly almost crushing her delicate fingers that were turning a red color. "You're gonna bartend for as long as we want until we say so, then you're gonna tell me about the people that we want, and everyone vents to a bartender." Then he clipped on an earpiece on her ear that was designed like an earring.

"T-This isn't what you said I had to do!" Mariah cried and he leaned down and she couldn't help but feel odd feeling his body pressing onto hers. "You don't have a choice." He told her moving a strand behind her ear and tears welled up in her eyes.

"Don't start that fucking crying again." He warned her and she'd slowly shake her head. "I won't." She agreed, by nodding her head.

DeVante stood outside of the private bathroom door with a blunt in his hand, as usual, blowing smoke into the air which made Mariah scrunch up her face in return at the smell of it. The guy saw her expression and chuckled.

"Dalvin do you always have to be so rough with the employees?" DeVante questioned, followed by a chuckle. adjusting his dark black glasses and Dalvin nodded. "She's been getting on my nerves lately." Dalvin told him unleashing her hands and she could feel the circulation coming back into her fingers, she'd slowly moved them.

"Did you give her the dress?" He asked Dalvin who'd shaken his head looking at Mariah in disgust. ''Nope. She was taking forever getting ready and y'know I had to rush things a bit.''He joked with his brother. "If anything you slowed me down." Mariah spat at him and received a harsh slam into the faucet on the side of her face and she'd moan in pain.

"Didn't I fucking tell you that mouth of yours was gonna get you in trouble?" He warned her then DeVante took one last look before exiting leaving them to do whatever. She nodded slowly whimpering in his grip and he let go one last time and she raised herself up. She saw that her makeup was smeared on the faucet and Dalvin looked at it then looked at her.

"Clean that shit up." He told her and before he could leave she grabbed him by his leather jacket tugging on it and his eyes look down at her shaking hands and then she let go quickly.

"Can I have something to eat when I'm finished? I'm so hungry." She begged and Dalvin licked his lips. "I'll see what I can do." He told her before slamming the bathroom door behind him.

MARIAH hated working for them temporarily and never really had any experience bartending, she could convince some people getting different drinks that she could make. She hated when they went away to go to the bathroom only to get kidnapped and never returning.

She felt guilty.. she felt that way about everything and most of all, she felt like shit because she just spilled all the forbidden secrets that Janet confided in her not to tell. "Mariah where have you been!" Janet hugged her passionately and tears came down her eyes and Mariah held onto her tightly as well.

"I was about to host a search party for you. I haven't heard from you in weeks!"Janet closed the door with Mariah still in her arms and kissed her all over her face. "What the fuck have you been doing!" Janet scolded her and sitting her on the sofa.

"I just needed to take time off for myself and I got a new side job as a bartender," Mariah told her and Janet scrunched up her face as Mariah tilted her head. "What?" Mariah questioned, Janet who'd shake her head.

"Bartending? you're so much better than that." Janet told her and Mariah rolled her eyes dismissing her.

"I gotta use the bathroom." Mariah got up quickly and strutted her way down to the bathroom and closed the door behind her turning on the cold water from the sink with little pressure to make it seem like she was peeing.

"I don't think she's gonna tell me anything," Mariah whispered, quietly and she heard Dalvin suck his teeth through the earpiece. "How can you be in doubt when you haven't even tried yet?" Dalvin chuckled and Mariah licked her lips. "Seems like someone doesn't want their baby." Dalvin threatened. "-Please don't kill my baby." She begged, walking around in circles.

"She looks so beautiful playing with her dolls and singing to herself. It would be a bummer to see her grow up without her mother. But if maybe if her mom plays her cards right she'll see the princess grow up." Dalvin smirked and then she'd speak up.

"If you touch my daughter-" "Just do what the fuck you're told," Dalvin warned, and she'd sigh. "Okay." She surrendered, wiping a tear that streamed down her cheek.

"Mariah are you okay in the there?" Janet yelled and Mariah sniffed as she turned off the water. "Yeah. I just had a lot of soda that I drank earlier!" Mariah yelled back, flushing the toilet and washed her hands after that, she down walked in the hallway meeting Janet in the living room.

"So what's up with you?" Mariah asked Janet who huffed getting comfortable on the couch. "You will not believe." Janet started, which made Mariah smirk sitting next to her.

"Tell me more." Mariah smiled. "Remember that time we went to the club?" Janet asked and Mariah nodded listening to every word she said, making sure that Dalvin was going to get every drop of information Janet told her.