CHAPTER FOUR.

HER was mouth agape and eyes wide while he thrusted deeply within her and she couldn't help but hold him tight while he did so. "Janet. " He moaned, in her ear making her become moister which turned him on.

 "Mmph. " He moaned, looking into her eyes as he'd stroked then his fingers wrapped around her neck lightly, choking her. This was something that she never had done to her before. "DeVante.. " She moaned, in ecstasy as he kissed her lips passionately while he gently flipping herself on top of him. 

The lovemaking was truly and pure euphoria, her brown eyes never looked away from his haunting hazel ones staring deeply within and they both tired being tangled with each other in his silky jet black sheets. 

He stroked her curly hair gently and her hands traced circles into his chest humming quietly as they adored each other in silence and then they looked into their eyes and shared another kiss, he was practically he was like a snake wrapping around her until she couldn't be set free and she didn't want too. 

"So.. what is this?" She asked, as her hand slithered over to his and intertwined her fingers with his and he sighed looking at her. "We're together and I'm never letting you go, Janet." His baritone voice made her shudder to turn her on even more and he'd kissed her sweaty forehead. 

Janet was still in denial that this guy was so head over heels for her but she didn't mind continuing this, he was sexy, definitely could put it down, but was he capable of loving a girl awkward as her? she shooked the negative thoughts out of her mind. 

DeVante is similar to a drug attracting women who got high off of his sex and intelligence and some were lucky to break away but this particular one, Janet, couldn't keep her hands off of him. 

"Who the hell is that?" DeVante questioned, and Janet slid out of her the covers revealing her naked body getting chills as she felt the cold air on her skin. She picked up her phone from the floor that was underneath her jeans and answered the call.

 "Hello?" She greeted, folding her arms followed by biting her lip, it was a habit. "It's late at fucking night! I was in the middl— Fuck it, I'll be there tomorrow." Janet hung up and began picking up her clothes from that were spread around on the floor.

 "Where are you going?" He asked, as he set himself up so he could see her better and got quite comfortable. "I have something to tend to you know how to find me." She said, grabbing her things and setting them on the edge of his bed and changing into them in front of him. 

The NEXT DAY Janet was not happy that she and her partner were investigating a situation that happened at a club. She sighed internally because she wanted to focus on finishing her fifth book that she's about to release. What she did for a living was a side job to her but writing was her passion! she could express herself and not feel sorry for a damn thing. 

 "So when are you gonna let me take you out?" Morris asked, and Janet scoffed as they both were going to the location for questioning. "Morris I'm not looking for a relationsh—"She was interrupted by his laughter. "Bull shit." He turned down the street and Janet got major anxiety as she sunk deep into her seat.

 "Not this place." She mumbled as Morris looked over at her curiously confused by her behavior. "What's the negativity for?" Morris asked Janet who'd sigh while unbuckling her seat belt. "I'll tell you later." She mumbled, getting out of the car along with Morris who followed after her. 

What did DeVante have to do with a stabbing? 

They approached the inside of the club which had music booming even in the daytime. It was still energetic and the dancing was just infectious like the night that she went there with her best friend and then there stood DeVante looking down at them from the balcony and he'd smirk as he sat in a white chair with a drink in his hand while Janet looked up feeling uneasy. 

Her heels clicked on the stairs walking up to where he was at and Morris accompanied her and DeVante stood up and flicked his hand at the security guard who let them pass. 

"We are NYPD, we came here to ask you a few questions, Mr. Swing," Janet said, holding up her badge and Morris sat on a white chair across from DeVante as Janet shook DeVante's hand before sitting down with Morris.

 "Were you present during the time of the stabbing in the women's bathroom?" Janet asked, holding out a small booklet with a pen as DeVante sipped his liquor from a glass and Morris stared daggers into the guy. He swallowed every drop and then he cleared his throat before speaking.

 "I wasn't." He told her and she wrote it down in the book. "May I ask why?" Morris interjected, arching a brown and DeVante smirked. "Sure." He said, before continuing and Janet had no expression on her face waiting for what was he going to say.

 "I was at my apartment.. I mean penthous— well it's the same to me but anyway, I was dealing with a few things. Then I got the call something happened at my club and I came here to check things out and it's just been a mess honestly." DeVante sighed, and Morris wanted to buss his balls that's how he worked.

"So sitting here is checking things out?" Morris asked, and DeVante cut his eyes at him and when he did that Morris knew something was dark in those warm eyes. "I'm doing the best that I can do. I have bumped security in the club and many more to come. I'm a businessman I doubt you know anything about that detective... " He snapped and Janet butted in.

 "Anyways! I was wondering if we could take a look at the cameras. It'll definitely give us some type of start?" Janet asked and DeVante stood up and smiled eagerly. "Oh most definitely! let me show you the way." He smirked, walking away from the two and they followed after him.