¶ Chapter Ten ¶

• Chapter Ten - Blastosphere •

Have you ever looked at someone and thought, "Wow, I love this person so much and I want the best for them, they need protected, but only by me, they're so precious to me and I love them so very much." Well, that's what Ryan Ross thought to himself as he lied next to his ex-boyfriend, it probably would be considered creepy that he's watching him sleep, but he just couldn't fall into the black ink that covered his eyes to paint a pretty picture while he slept, he had been lying there for a good four hours, but he wasn't typically set on that. Ryan had his hands against Brendon's baby bump, pretending as if he was holding the beautiful child that was to come, as much as Ryan was terrified of having children, he wanted this, he knew he did, and he was ready to accept that this child would become such a huge role and impact. As Ryan pressed his stick like hands against Brendon's soft stomach, he breathed in and out, slowly closing his eyes, his body was finally ready to sleep, and he was more then fine with that, hence he had been striving to sleep for the last couple hours, as his eyelids drooped and his eyelashes hit the surface of his cheek, he felt a kick to his hand, Ryan's eyes shot open, what the fuck, did the baby just kick? Ryan pressed his hands tighter against Brendon's stomach, but not enough to hurt him, Ryan forced his eyes to stay open, awaiting another sign that it was, in fact, his child kicking at his hands. This time, the child kicked at the bottom of Brendon's stomach, kicking Ryan's palm, Ryan's lips pulled into a huge smile, he felt so overwhelmed with happiness that he didn't even realize that Brendon had stirred awake.

Brendon's eyes were half open, he looked tired, but surely beautiful, but what was new? "Hi." Brendon uttered throatily, with a sleepy smile.

"Hey," Ryan countered, his hands still on Brendon's stomach, "The baby was just kicking."

Brendon's smile suddenly got bigger, his eyes looking less droopy as he said, "That's probably why I have to go pee so bad."

Ryan chuckled, removing his hands from Brendon's tummy, Ryan could have sworn Brendon looked a little disappointed when he did so.

Brendon got up and waddled to the bathroom, Ryan sat up and looked over at the clock on the bedside table, it was two in the morning, Ryan flopped back against the bed with a loud sigh, he still had time to sleep, which was good because Brendon had an appointment at eleven.

Brendon dragged his feet on the ground, one sock half way off his foot and the other missing, location unknown, he toppled on to the bed and got under the blankets, facing Ryan.

As Ryan watched Brendon drift back to sleep, his eyes began to fall as well, but before his body tumbled into a world full of colors, he felt Brendon reach for his hands and set them on his belly, Ryan smiled to himself, maybe this kid wasn't going to be so bad after all.

-

"Ry, baby." Brendon whispered into Ryan's ear, kissing him on the cheek, "Wake up."

Ryan's eyes fluttered open, his hands instantly stretching out and grabbing Brendon's, "I'm tired."

"I know, I also know you didn't sleep very well, but we have to go the appointment in, like, an hour." Brendon told, Ryan looked up at him, he was holding a cup of coffee that was steaming, moist hot fog mixed into the air, causing the room to smell like Folger's coffee and Irish Crème creamer, "This is for you, by the way." Brendon handed the scolding cup to Ryan, Ryan let go of Brendon's hand and took it pulling it into both of his hands, looking down into the liquid, it was foamy and a light shade of brown or rather, tan, kind of he color of Patrick's hair but less strawberry colored, Ryan brought the cup up and against his lips, taking a sip of the sultry coffee.