¶ Chapter Five ¶

• Chapter Five - Ultrasonography •

Brendon groaned as he rolled over in his bed. His irritating alarm screamed at him to get up. It's almost as if he already had a kid at the rate of how annoyingly loud the alarm was. Brendon squinted and grabbed his phone to turn off the frustrating sound.

He didn't want to get up and he didn't want to go to the doctors, and most of all he didn't want to go with Ryan. Something about being around Ryan was a whole bag of butterflies in his stomach. Anger? Sadness? Sexual tension? Brendon tried to pry his mind off of Ryan as much as he could: even if he was around. Sometimes he didn't want to deal with the older man.

Brendon flopped back onto the bed. Sure, he was procrastinating. It was just one of those days where he didn't want to deal with anyone's shit or people in general.

Just as Brendon was about to get out of bed to shower his phone rang. Of course, Ryan.

Brendon huffed, unplugging his phone. He pressed it against his ear.

"What?" Brendon Snarled.

"Is that really how you should be talking to me this morning?" Ryan teased in a motherly voice.

"I want you to die." Brendon sighed, resting his right hand on his hip.

"Well, do you want me to come pick you up and drive us to the hospital?" Ryan questioned, he would be lying if he said he still felt angry around Brendon.

"Uhm, sure. I have to take a shower and stuff though." Brendon mumbled through the phone as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Al-Alright, I'll be there in an hour?" Ryan questioned.

"Uh, yeah." The raven haired boy replied. With that, Brendon hung up and headed for the shower.

-

"Hello Mr. Urie. I haven't seen you in 2 months!" Penny exclaimed as the three of them walked down the clinic's hall to the weight scale and the stadiometer.

"Yep, I guess it's time for check ups." Brendon said, a smile visible on his face. Ryan admired how happy Brendon seemed when people talked to him. He always admired the simple things.

"That's right. Now, could you step up on the weight scale for me please?" The blonde asked. Brendon obliged, stepping up. "And who is this handsome man on my right?" Penny looked at Ryan with a smile.

"A friend." Brendon responded in a snap.

"Okay. You're 170 pounds." Penny said pointing Brendon over to the stadiometer, then continuing on with her questions, "That's strange. I feel like I've seen him before."

"Where do you think you know him from?" Brendon asked, pressing his feet against the wooden height measure. Penny brought the sliding wood panel down to get Brendon's exact height and gestured him to step away for her to write the height onto her clipboard.

"Ah! You're from The Young Veins!" Penny snapped her fingers in excitement.

Ryan laughed, "Yeah, I am."