moments// kakashi hatake (1)

There are some moments that stick into your mind forever. Usually, because they impacted your life in some way, either being positive or negative.

With your boyfriend Kakashi, it seemed to be both.

As friends, you and Kakashi hung out all the time normally. After two years of your friendship, he asked you to be his girlfriend, to which you happily said yes. The next two years had some of the happiest moments of your life.

One of these moments was early, maybe a week since you started dating. You and Kakashi were going on a walk outside, with a couple of your friends. It was quite chilly outside, so your hands became quite cold. Later on, you all stepped into a coffee shop to get warmed up.

"Ah! My hands are so cold!" one of your friends said. You grabbed her hand and nodded.

"My hands are pretty cold too," said Kakashi, holding them up. You took one of them, solely to see how cold they were. Before you realized it, you were holding Kakashi's hand. He looked deep into your eyes with a smirk-like smile, making you blush. You took your hand away quickly, a blush growing on your face, and your friend letting out a small squeal.

Another one of these times was the day of your first date. You both had gone to see a school football game since you've never been to one. It wasn't like you were going to watch the game anyways. Your whole focus was on Kakashi.

Throughout the game, you just chatted lightly, laughing at the players on the field. You bought lots of bags of candy, which you both shared with each other.

Kakashi bought two bags of (favorite candy), which he practically inhaled one of them. He opened the second bag, which he offered you some.

"I know how much you like (favorite candy), (y/n)," said Kakashi, with his signature wink. You held out your hand and he dumped a few (favorite candies) onto your palm. You giggled and laid your head on his shoulder, popping the pieces of the candies into your mouth.

Later that night, around halftime, you both left the bleachers to take some pictures, asking another student to take one for you. You slid your arm behind him, giving him a side hug. Kakashi, who was almost a foot taller than you, put his arm all the way around you, his hand resting on your shoulder. The kid took the picture and gave you back your phone.

"You two are really cute!" he said, and then walked away. You blushed and thanked him, taking a look at the picture.

"Looks great," said Kakashi, peering from over your shoulder.

"Yeah," you said, a grin growing on your face. You two stared at the picture for a few more minutes, until at the same time, you both said;

"I love the height difference!" you both whipped your heads to look at each other, making you both laugh.

"We're already syncing up!' chuckled Kakashi, putting an arm around you and bringing you close to his chest, making you blush profusely.

You and Kakashi dated for the rest of that school year. But at the end of the year, it seemed like things between you both just.... fell apart.

It was one day after school. You were waiting for Kakashi, and he closed his locker. You walked side by side like you always did. You didn't know what happened. You just never got that happy and joyous feeling like you used to whenever you saw him. You and Kakashi walked outside and he reached over to hug you, but you stopped him with your hand on his chest.

"Kakashi... I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore. You and I have gotten... boring. I'm not feeling anything for you anymore. I'm sorry..." you said, not meeting his eyes.

"W-what- why?" he whispered, dropping his arms by his side, looking down at you with a sad look.

"It's gotten...boring. I don't get a different feeling when I'm with you. You're just... there now." you said, fighting the urge to let tears spill down your face.

"Can we still be friends though?" said Kakashi, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Of course!" You said, grabbing ahold of his arm and looking him deep in the eye," You were always a good friend to me."

"A friend," whispered Kakashi," yeah. Of course."

Kakashi gently moved your arm off of his and gave you a slight smile, but you knew it was halfhearted. He went to his bus without another word. You wouldn't see him over the summer. You had no reason to.

You and Kakashi stayed distant for the next few months. You exchanged the casual wave and smile, but you never hung out with him outside of school.

One day, all of your friends went to do a club activity during school, leaving you alone during lunch. You sat at your usual table, but today you weren't surrounded by your laughing friends.

Kakashi and his friends passed by your table holding their own lunches. You noticed them but didn't pay much attention, since you usually saw them walk by.

"Is this seat taken?" Asked a voice from above. You looked up from your sandwich to see Kakashi, along with one of his friends.

"Um, no. No, it isn't," You muttered, patting the seat beside you. Kakashi and his friend sat down and started a conversation with you immediately.

"So are any guys on your mind today?" Asked Kakashi's friend Obito, wiggling his eyebrows behind his goggles. Kakashi elbowed him and you rolled your eyes.

"No. I have more important things to worry about anyways," You said, running a hand through your hair.

"Like what?" Questioned Kakashi.

"Like my grades," You grumbled, finishing your sandwich," I don't know what's happening to me. I feel like I'm studying but when it comes to tests, my mind just blanks out."

"I could help you," blurted Kakashi. You raised an eyebrow at him," with studying! Well, if you need the help of course."

"That sounds like a great idea!" Said Obito, shaking Kakashi back and forth. Your eyes lit up.

"Would you really do that? For me?" You asked.

"Yeah, why not," he said, acting totally nonchalant.

"Wow! Thanks!" you exclaimed, flashing a genuine smile at him. You may have spotted a bit of pink that dusted the silver head's cheeks, but you didn't pay much attention to it. You were the one who dumped him anyway, so it's not like you would fall in love with him all over again...

...right?

w: 1106