don't leave me // apocalypse! boruto uzumaki

You gripped your weapon tightly in your hand, your knuckles turning white. Your boyfriend, Boruto was behind you. You two were back to back, facing the numerous zombies that surrounded you.

Yes, zombies.

The moon was blood red, meaning the start of a zombie apocalypse in your small village. In your hands was a baseball bat the only weapon you had. It's not like you most people would be prepared for an apocalypse. They were very rare, especially in your part of town. Boruto was pressed behind you, clutching a gun tightly with this finger ready on the trigger. The brainless dead started approaching you two, making you start to shake in fear. You and Boruto were in the middle of a circle of zombies.

"Okay, when I say so, you need to start hitting them, got it?" muttered Boruto, so the zombies wouldn't hear. You nodded and held the bat above your head.

"GO!" yelled Boruto. He started shooting his gun, the loud booms of the bullet filling your ears. You swung the baseball bat down, hitting one zombie smack dab in the forehead. It fell down with a thump, making you flinch away from it. You swung your bat once again, hitting another zombie in the side, sending it flying away. Behind you, Boruto kicked one in the stomach, sending the zombie tumbling backward.

Once you killed the surrounding zombies, Boruto grabbed your hand and squeezed it reassuringly, giving you a sweet smile.

"Boruto, we need you to come over here. A new batch reappeared!" shouted Shikadai, waving his hand vigorously. Boruto turned back to you and gave you a hug.

"Don't leave me, okay. Stay safe," he said, planting a kiss on your forehead.

"You too," you said. And with that, Boruto ran off to Shikadai and they disappeared into the horizon. Sarada rushed over to you and pulled you over.

"Let's go kick some zombie butt," she said with a grin. You smiled at her and continued to kill some zombies.

~

The sun started coming up, shining a light on all the dead that littered the ground. The moon finally returned to its original color and dropped down under the horizon. You and Sarada were covered in blood, not your own of course, and headed back to the meeting point, to meet up with everyone else. On your way back, you looked around, trying to see if you could spot Boruto. There was no sign of his bright yellow hair.

'He's probably at the meeting point,' you said, trying to reassure yourself.

You got to the meeting point, and found Shikadai, standing alone with a solemn look on his face.

"Shikadai! Where's Boruto?" you asked. Shikadai just looked at the ground. You understood what happened and tears started brimming at the corners of your eyes.

"Oh... Can I at least see him?" you whispered. Shikadai nodded and motioned for you to follow him. Boruto laid on the ground, his eyes closed, his face emotionless. There was a bullet wound in his head, and his gun was next to a dead zombie. The zombie killed him with his own weapon. Tears started streaming down your face and you sat down beside him. You cupped his face with your hands and brought his unmoving body to your chest.

"You told me to be safe, but you leave me instead?"