are you married? // naruto uzumaki

It was a pleasant Saturday afternoon, the sun shining bright on the neat grass of the soccer complex. You were here with Naruto and your little brother, to watch his team to play.

"Go (b/n)!!!! You cheered, as your little brother ran towards the goal and scored. You and Naruto sat side by side, clapping and cheering, and just enjoying your time talking with each other. You stared at him lovingly but knew that he probably wouldn't return the feelings you had for him.

After the game, you stayed behind to play with some of the kids on the soccer team, because you couldn't say no to their cute little faces. You played as a goalie as the kids scored since you weren't that great, (well, that and you couldn't just block every goal from adorable children).

"I bet you can't catch me!!" One of the kids said to Naruto, who just chuckled and ran after the boy. You giggled and sat down next to one of the exhausted kids. Another boy approached you and stood in front of you, trying to look older and cooler.

"Why are you wearing a ring? Are you married?" He asked, with a mocking smile.

"No.. it's just a ring my friend gave me!" You tried to say, as politely as you could.

"Are you married to that guy over there?" He asked, pointing to Naruto, who was currently playing tag with the kid who challenged him. You blushed a bright red and looked away.

"No!! He's just my friend," you said, stuttering.

If it were a coincidence, right when you said that, Naruto and the boy ran over to you. The boy, who names you learned was Maxie, looked at you in awe, and blushed.

"You're very pretty!" He said to you, and you smiled and looked down at him.

"Thanks bud!" You said, but as you finished the sentence he tapped you on the shoulder.

"TAG you're it!" Maxie giggled and started running. You laughed and ran after him. Naruto watched as you grabbed him by the waist, and looking at your smiling face that hugged Maxie, who hugged you back. Naruto was growing jealous for some reason.  And of just a little 3rd grader! You looked at Maxie, who had a major blush on his face, and then over to Naruto, whose faces glistened with sweat and was walking over to you, his shirt sticking to his body, making his sculpted chest visible. You blushed and ruffled Maxie's hair, and waved goodbye. He ran off to his mom, who waved at you in return.

After you picked up your brother, you walked with Naruto to the car to go home. You sat in the passenger seat as Naruto sat down against the driver's seat in exhaustion.

"What a day!" you said to Naruto, who just let out an exhausted sigh in reply, along with a smile.

"Say... Who actually got you that ring?" he asked, going way off-topic.

"My best friend gave it to me," you said, rubbing the gem on the ring, which was a bright red ruby, a fond smile growing on your lips. Naruto stared at your features and blushed.

"(y/n)..." said Naruto, his voice barely audible. You turned to him and titled your head cutely.

"Yes?" you said, batting your eyelashes.

"W-Will you go out with me?" he said, looking away to hide his blushing face, scratching the back of his neck. Your eyes brimmed with tears as you let out a high pitched squeal.

"YESSSS!" you screeched, tackling him in the seat with a hug, forgetting that your brother was still in the car.

"Ew.. now you guys are actually getting married!" Your brother said, with a disgusted face.

You and Naruto laughed, and he nuzzled his face in your neck.

"It sure feels like it."

w: 641