girls just want to have fun

Mary set the mood. Playing classic jams. I watched her dance around her in that amazing outfit. I couldn't help but think she was trying to seduce me. I hadn't had enough wine to allow the music to take me where it had taken her. Watching Marys longer legs made me fearful to even try and groove.

She really was quite beautiful. I wondered briefly if Micheal knew how beautiful she was. I shook my head at the thought and helped myself to some juicy green grapes and bitter cheddar cheese. "The spread is beautiful," I said. The entire coffee table was covered with an elegant array of fruits, cheeses, cookies and tiny quiches. "You really shouldn't have gone to so much trouble. A cheap bottle of wine and a tin can of nuts would have done," I joked. To break the silence.

Her boastful eyes flashed at me. "Nonsense. We deserve to be pampered and spoiled, too. Don't we spend most of our time pampering, spoiling, and caring for the men and the boys?"

She smiled and continued. " Us girls deserve to have fun!" As she spoke the actual song started to play. Girl just wanna have fun. Funny I thought to myself, of course.

Then I swallowed hard to force the food down my throat. Her voice held just a hint of harshness. When she made her statement. "Well, yes, I suppose we do. Is that...are you unhappy?"

I felt uncomfortable even asking but I did away.

"Of course not," Mary said more softly than when I had asked. She handed me a glass of red wine and settled on the sofa next to me.