ready to play

"You should have fun. You seem to like Marie a lot.

I eased out. It's Mary!

Chuck nodded.

I'm glad you have a chance at some time off.

A little break."

My husband gestured. Winking his eye.

"That will be nice," I sighed. "Some wine, some cheese and some "quiet" time! Those words rolled off my tongue as if I hadn't seen another grown-up in years.

Talking to an adult is always a perk. A plus! I swear, some days, if I hear one more Bob the builder song...

I think I will die."

Chuck patted my leg and then settled his hand near the top of my thighs.

"Maybe some relaxation could lead to some mommy and daddy time tonight," he said, waggling his eyebrows at me.

"You never can tell," I laughed as he parked our van in front of Mary's house.

She was waiting in her driveway. Dressed in pink. A long silk gown. It had to be this seasons lastest fashions. The matching purse as well. Stunning.

Mary awaited me with a bright "teethy " smile. Mary always smiles. I thought it was sort of "funny" at first.

The thing about her is that she makes me feel frumpy. My maturity isn't contained. She makes me feel a dozen decades older,weaker, off. All of this unique beauty bottled up in one person. All I can say is be careful what you wish for. Dreams can turn into nightmares faster than you can click your heels!

Frumpy - for my average height, average brown hair, average brown eyed self, Mary represents all that is exotic to me. Tall and willowy and put together. Her hair so dark it was nearly black, eyes so blue they almost glowed. She was nearly as tall as my husband and the way she carried herself reminded me of a ballerina or royalty. She always made me feel small and clumsy.

All I can say is be careful what you wish for. Dreams can turn into nightmares faster than you can click your heels!