You're my man

Kendra POV

The next day I was approached by my mother and Jakes father with questions about the incident that happen in school.

"How long has this been going on?" My mom pull out her phone.
"I can pull a restraining order on her."

"Mom I'm okay." We don't need to do all that. "It was just a fight."

"JUST A FIGHT! THATS NOT WHAT THE PRINCIPAL TOLD ME." My mom voice boomed through the house and then look straight at Jake.
"WHY WASNT I AWARE OF THIS JAKE?! DIDNT YOU SAY YOU WERE GOING TO PROTECT MY DAUGHTER!"

"Mom please calm down." Trying to lower her voice. "Jake really been trying."

"WELL HE'S NOT DOING THE BEST JOB." My mom squint at Jake who was now had a face of regret, my mom walked closer to Jake and sigh.
"I'm sorry, I just don't like finding these things out last minute. I didn't know y'all relationship causing trouble and I definitely didn't know about this crazy girl."

"You and me both." Jake Dad voice came in the conversation.
"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What you wanted me to say?" Jake spoke. "Hey there's this crazy girl who threatened to kill her self because I'm going out with Kendra."

"This is a serious situation Jake..." my mom shook her head. "From the sound of it, this girl can do more than what you expect."

"Mom it's okay." Reassuring her mindset. "She's expelled."

"That doesn't mean a damn thing." My mom just cursed so you know it's real. "This girl can always come back and hurt you Kendra."

"I won't let that happen." Jake looked up at my mom. "They gotta go through me."

"Jake." My mom started. "I appreciate you protecting my daughter, taking her to the hospital and just helping her but I don't want you to get hurt as well."

"Mom what are you saying?" I knew she has something in her mind.

"It'll be best for you guys to take a break." My mom gazed at both of us and then at Jakes Dad who nodded.
"Just till everything cool down."

"No." Shaking my head. "We literally just agreed on staying, I am not leaving." I get what my mom is trying to do but no, I'm not taking no break from Jake.

"Just until things cool down." My mom repeats. "It's not long."

"No." Shaking my head. "I'm not not taking a break."

"What about you Jake? You love Kendra right?" My mom turned to Jake.

"Yea." Jake answered. "I love her."

"Then do this for her." If you can see the look on my face when my mom trying to convince Jake to break up with me. "Just for a little bit."

"No disrespect." Jake grab my hands.
"Taking a break isn't going to help the situation. I love your daughter but I'm not taking a break."

Thank you.

"Then I have no choice but to leave." My mom walk to her laptop and turned it on. "We are leaving tomorrow. We are taking this vacation early."

Excuse me.

"What are you doing?" I let go of Jakes hand and walk over to my mom. "YOU CANT DO THIS."

"I just can't see you get hurt."

"MOM PLEASE." I begged.

My mom didn't answer.