Young Us

Kendra POV

"Hey! Black girl!" Blonde little boy came running toward me. His black eyes turn furious.
"Give me back my apple!" He snatch the apple right out my hands.

"That's mine!." I stood up from chair. "You little white boy."

My first day of school in first grade and this occurred. My momma never told me about these little white boys that would steal people's Apple.

"No it's not!" His voice risen. "My mom gave it to me! And you stole it!" This boy stood there with his face all red and full of judgment.

"Why would I steal your dirty Apple?!" raisin mine as well to show him that I'm not afraid of anybody or anything.
"Leave me alone." With that I snatch my apple back and began walking, before doing so the boy pushed me hard to the ground which made my ankle bleed and grabs my apple.

My intention was to get up but I was hurting so I began to cry until our teacher came to the scene.

The white boy stood there eating his apple as the teacher yells at him and forced him to apologize.

"I'm sorry.." He wasn't sorry.

"Get out my face." Wiping the tears.

That day was my first time going to the corner with him to face our punishment. He got a phone call home and I got sticker for not hitting back, although I wanted to hit him so bad because my mother told me, if someone hit you; hit them back. Push you; push them back.

The next day of school that same little white came by the swings and sat next me. I act like I didn't see him but we both knew I did.

"Hi." He gave me a half smile like the occurrence haven't happen yesterday.

"What do you want?" Sticking to the point. This boy was getting on my nerve. "Go away."

"I'm sorry." The boy then hand me a fresh big green apple. "This apple belongs to you."

"Get out my face." He must of lost his mind.

"Yesterday I thought that apple belonged to me." He began. "And when I got home, I just forgotten it on the table."

"I don't want your stupid apple." Turning my head. I wasn't dealing with this boy today.

"Okay." Pulling out his lunch box. "You want my sandwich?"

"Go away." He really need to move.

"What about my juice? Candy? Money?" The boy began to pull out his crispy dollar from his pocket.

"Move!" I got off the swings and walk to a far away seat.

"You want my lunch?" He followed.

"Can you please just leave me alone, I don't want anything."

"It's lunch time and you're not eating." Outing his lunch box on the table.

"I'm not hungry."

It was believable at first until my stomach growled loudly. White boy looked at stomach and I looked at white boy.

"Here." He split his sandwich in half."I'll give you some."