Selfish

Kendra POV

I woke up to the sound of Jake placing supermarket plastic bags on the table, I was also quiet confused about being in the hospital. The last thing I remember is me chasing after Jake and then darkness.

"You're awake." Jake came over to me and  put his hand on my forehead.
"You're kind of warm so that's a good sign."

"What happen? Why am I here?" Pretty confused around here.

"You collapse." He went over to the table and pour pink looking drink in a cup and came back to me.
"Drink this."

"What is that?" I scrunch my face.

"The doctor said you need to drink this milkshake, prescription vitamins and green vegetables."

"Prescription Vitamin???" What in the world is going on?

"Yes. Now drink." He pressured the milkshake at me.
"You need it."

"No." I turned my head away.

"Kendra Johnson, drink this damn milkshake." He demanded.

"No." First of all I don't know what is going on and he's just telling me to drink something that don't even know.

"I'm going to count till 3." He sounds like a father.

"No."

"1."

"I don't care."

"2."

"So what?"

"2 1/2."

"Keep counting."

"2 3/4."

"No."

"3." Once he said that, Jake grab hold of my head tight to the cup and force it up my lip but my lips were shut.
"Kendra. DRINK."

This was going on for about three seconds long until a doctor (I believe) came inside to see Jake forcing milkshake down my throat. Jake was already caught and already began to get offensive.
"Doctor, she won't drink the milkshake I brought for her like you asked." Jake whined.

"Kendra, I think it's best to drink the milkshake." The doctor smiles showing his dimples. He's looks around the age of thirty five.
"It's good for you."

"Fine." I snatched the milkshake out jakes hand; for some reason I felt so weak that the cup fell on the floor, dirtying jakes white Jordans.
"I am so sorry, I didn't know I was going to spill it."

"It's fine." Jake went to the table and grab napkins and began to clean the floor where I spill the drink.

"I feel so weak." My head was begging to turn.
"I really didn't mean to do that."
I didn't want Jake to get angry at what I did. I know he gets angry when people step on his shoes so I know he's upset.

"It's fine." He repeated when he finish taking care of the floors, he pour another milkshake in a different cup and went over to me.
"Let me just hold it for you while you drink."

"Okay." Jake sat down and pull his chair closer so I can feel comfortable drinking.

"How sweet." The doctor chuckled. "How long you've been together?"

"We're not dating." Jake answered.
"She's just my best friend."

"12 year of being friends." My voice chimed in after a took a gulps of the surprisingly good strawberry milkshake.

"They always say that." The doctor winked. "Anyways, Kendra it had been reported that you're low on fiber and vitamins, you're stressing which cause you not to eat for a month for God knows what and that is why you've passed out."