Entry 22: Pine Street Report (2)- Sep 24 2010 - 03/06

(Page 4)

Esoteric Division

Containment Mission Report

Containment Unit: C

Date: Friday, 1st October 2010.

Time of connection: 3:03AM

Annexing Medium: Jesse

Annexed Unit Member: Fritz Plange

Unit Head: Raphael Heath

Transcribed by:  Claudia Stryer

“Fuck, it’s cold.”

I rolled my eyes. It was always cold as far as Gazel was concerned. He was hugging himself and shivering dramatically, which looked silly given his intimidating size. Iona gripped the handle of her sword tightly and stared boredly at the dark thing we were supposed to enter. Eight floors of blacked out windows and dingy stone walls, with weird carvings over the windows and – would you believe it – gargoyles. She sucked through her teeth and turned to Gazel.

“Are we just going to stand here all night or are we going to get this done?”
“Ladies first.”
“Then you should be leading the way.”

I laughed and started towards the building. Gazel quit the shivering act and readjusted his gauntlets. I checked that the sigils on my gun were well carved. Couldn’t risk any glitches tonight. Raphael had given us only forty minutes. I walked to the door and raised my leg to kick it down. It unlocked and swung in slowly on its creaking rusty hinges. Gazel grunted.

“And the award for lamest entry goes to…”

We walked into the lobby of the building and looked around. It was dark, yet strangely clean, with an old-style wrought iron elevator in front of us, located between two flights of stairs, and corridors going off to both sides. I expected the door to slam shut behind us like some dramatic horror movie, but it remained open, as though telling us that we still had the option of leaving.

Something about that didn’t sit well with me.

Iona started off towards one of the corridors and Gazel huffed, folding his arms and looking at me.

“You feel it too, don’t you?”
“I honestly don’t feel anything.”
“This place is pregnant.”
“What? You’re making even less sense than you normally do.”
“Pregnant and hungry,” he said, walking off in the direction Iona had gone. I gave the room a once-over, then gripped my guns tightly and followed them. They were standing at the end of the corridor, staring at the dead end.

“Seriously, guys, is this-”

Iona turned.

It wasn’t Iona.

It was another woman, of a similar height and build. Her face was flesh and clear but her eyes were lifeless. The other one turned too, a man. Black blood poured from the side of the its mouth, dripping initially, but then became torrential and started spraying like a hose towards me. I jumped back as it splattered all over my shoes.

“What the-“

She lunged at me, her elongated teeth snapping with a guttural growl. I raised my gun and shot into the middle of her forehead. Her head exploded, painting the wall behind with black blood. Freak the man ran towards me, blood still pouring out of his mouth and soaking his clothes. I shot his legs out from beneath him and finished off with two blasts into his head and chest. Something tore at my back from behind and I spun, whipping the gun to slam into the head of a deformed-looking teenager. He stumbled away but returned almost immediately, rotted teeth bared as he raised his hands. I shot him away and looked into the corridor. Bodies were falling out of the walls, men and women dressed in tattered clothes. Their bodies looked well-preserved, but their eye sockets were empty.