Entry 16: Von Herpen Residence Report - Aug 29 2010 - 02/25

(Page 1)

Esoteric Division

Scout Preliminary Report.

Report filed by: Jonathan Mills

Scout Unit: A

Date: 29th August 2010.

Time: 09:41

We were invited to survey the residence of the von Herpen family (related to the shipping mogul, who has contacts within the secret service), due to complaints by the mistress of the manor about the behaviour of her eight year-old  son, Luther, who spoke of being tormented by the ghost of a female human child, among other more obscure descriptions of malicious spirits.

The family left their seven-acre estate in the care of their long-time butler, James Preston, who led us into the rooms we requested, particularly the young master’s bedroom. Even without his guidance, I could have found the room following a hot trail of frayed nex connections, of which a few were linked to the butler himself. He refused to affirm his involvement with the anomaly, but based on his reaction to the questions and the nex attachment, I suspect one of them (if there are more than one) to be his deceased daughter. The anomaly/anomalies were not encountered throughout my excursion in the premises, though I was fully aware of movement through the building structure.

Report forwarded to available Affirmation Unit.

(Page 2)

Esoteric Division

Department of Affirmation.

Report filed by: Magdalene Price

Date:  29th August 2010

Time of Investigation: 13:22 to 13:58

Scout Report noted.

Repulsion pegs were set up as a failsafe around the perimeter, though the level of attachment of the nex connections implied that the Anomaly was firmly adherent to the location.

The density and degree of fray in these nex connections indicated vigorously repeated use, hinting that anomalies are heavily reliant, if not completely dependent on nexes. Evasive nature noted. Connections to butler seemed to wax and wane spasmodically; highly unusual. Anomaly was capable of altering nex strength either voluntarily or as a by-product of its nature.

Thought patterns detected were highly distorted. Rapid switching and lack of congruence noted, but only one thought signature observed (besides the butler Preston).

Anomaly was encountered briefly at 13:48. Physical appearance was of young girl, estimated between three and five years old, non-corporeal. Anomaly avoided further contact by phasing through floor. Dense nex pathways seen to be emanating from body. Heterogeneous nature of nexes surrounding its form suggest possible connection to other anomalies.

Impression: APT I(C)-type Extracorporeal (very high index of suspicion of a Solus).

To be managed by Containment Units (referral sent to Heath)

(Page 3)

Esoteric Division

Containment Mission Report

Containment Unit: D

Date: Sunday, 29th August 2010.

Time of connection: 6:15PM

Annexing Medium: Magreb [A recent recruit. Magdalene, Henry’s usual Annex, was set to attend a meeting with the Chief of Operations at the time of connection. – Sanders]