30. Who proposes with a gold ring?

¤

"Hey, Elza?"

"Mmm?" I didn't even bother to look at my brother. Tumblr is way important.

"I need your help" his voice seemed uncertain.

That may be the only thing in the whole world that might actually make me look elsewhere from my tumblr dashboard.

"You-" I pointed at my brother, "need my help?" did the sky really rained cats and dogs?

"Yeah yeah just shut up and come to my room" he stood up from the opposite couch and climbed the flight of stairs.

I sighed and put my laptop aside. Things like this only happen once in a life time, it has to be important.

I got up from the comfy couch and followed him to his room. Once I was in front of it, I leaned against the door frame waiting for him to say whatever he want my help in as he sat on his studying desk.

He then gestured for me to come closer and I did that and folded my hands infront of me. 

"Now, what?" I asked a little bit annoyed.

He looked around suspiciously like he didn't want anyone to hear us. And no one would've heard us because my dad is out on a date again. 

His hand slowly went to the drawer handle and slowly and carefully, he pulled it open.

It was dark so I couldn't exactly see what was in it, it also had a lot of things. 

Nick searched it until he found it, whatever it is. He got it out and put it on the desk, then I could see what it is.

It was a red ring box.

And I squealed.

Nick groaned, "Shut up will you? I didn't call you here so you'd scream in my ears" he winced. So I shut up.

I cover my mouth with my hand. "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" I repeated.

Nick rested his back n the chair waiting for me to get done with my fangirling and folded his arms, a bored look on his face. "You' done now?" he asked.

I nodded my head and composed myself. He should do to because I'll be throwing tonnes of questions. 

"When? How? Where?" I asked him hoping he'd get my drift.

He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his brown hair. I have never seen Nick this nervous. "This is why I asked your help"

I didn't really listen to what he was saying and instead kept looking at the red velvet box and imagined what it looked like.

Do you think it's diamond? I doubt it. Nick can't have much money to buy a diamond ring.

I was eager to find out.

I looked at Nick and pointed at the box, "Can I?"

He nodded and rested his head on his hand. "Go on"

I hurriedly yet carefully opened the red box. And wow.

It was a golden ring that had a black gemstone. The gemstone was round and the ring itself was thin. It was pretty simple but really nice. It was just like Hannah's style. {her name was hannah right? dammit i forgot.}

"Wow." I really liked how he didn't get her a diamond ring like everyone did and did something that no one did. Who proposes with a gold ring? My brother.

"You think it's okay?" my brother insecurity was going to drown him.

I put an assuring hand on his shoulder. "It's perfect. There's no way in hell will she say no" I gave him a smile of which he returned.

"Thank you, sis" he ruffled my hair. I didn't really care that my hair wasn't good anymore because I really liked it when my brother does that, it sends some kind of message telling me that he is always going to be there for me.

I went to where his bed is and threw all of his clothes on the floor so there would be a place for me to sit. I sat on the bed and folded my legs so that I was siting in Indian style. "Now, what did you plan?"

And he told me everything.

-

"Did you guys have sex?" was the first question that came out of my best friend's mouth on the following Monday.

"I'm fine thank you. Did you enjoy your days off?" I rolled my eyes at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Oh shut up. There's no need for that, we're best friends." she then stopped and turned around. "Now tell me, did you guys have sex?"

"No" my cheeks were flaming red.

Lucy smirked at me. "you're lying" 

I looked away, "No, i'm not. We seriously didn't sleep together. We just got a little... yeah"

Suddenly, arms were wrapped around my waist. Mason. He had heard our conversation.

I looked at him and found that he was staring back at me too. "Talking about that night, aye?" he smirked.

I buried my face in his chest. "Shut up. You're going to make me regret everything"

He stiffened. He placed a hand under my chin so that I was looking up at him. "Please tell me you don't. I'll feel so bad." his facial features were of worry.

"I don't" I smiled shyly at him.

"I'm just going to... yeah" I heard Lucy say but I didn't care really. Not being a bad friend or anything but... i don't know. "Okay" I smiled at her. I knew how awkward that is. I afterall used to watch her and Marcus eating each other's faces.

Me and Mason held hands as we walked down the hall to the classroom. 

"You know, you're starting to loose your bad boy imag here" I said breaking the silence.

He turned me around so that I was looking at him. "I don't care about anything as long as I'm with you, Elizabeth. I have lost a lot in my life and loosing my image is nothing compared to it. But, loosing you would be the worst"

And I hugged him. I slid my arms under his and rested my head on his chest. He returned the hug by wrapping his arms on my shoulder and resting his head on mine.

"You are never going to loose me"

¤

the ring is on the side. costs 330 USD so i think it's affordable do a guy like nick.

guys guys guys guys go and read cuts! it would really mean a lot to me (in external link!)! love you x

sorry this is short. 

                    arctic monkeys - why'd you only call me when you're high?