25. The Sound Of A Heart Breaking //The Lake pt.4//

chapter 25 is now joined with 24, sorry for the confusion.

                                                                        ●

"I swear to God, Mason. If I tripped, I'm going to take you down with and beat the shit out of you!" I warned.

I can hear his chuckle as he continued guiding me through this rough ground. I assumed that we were in a green place or something since the ground was gooy and my shoes were probably ruined right now.

"Don't worry, you're in good hands" the cold leather wrapped around his hands gave my own a squeeze from behind my back, assuring me.

"Hands I can't even touch" I mumbled. I wasn't sure if he heard that or not, either way he didn't reply and continued on guiding me through trees.

"You know it's not my choice" After I heard these words coming out of his perfect lips, I stopped in my tracks, ripped the freaking tie off my eyes and turn around to face Mason. 

I didn't care that we were in the middle of some kind of a forest, neither did I even care to look around. I glared at Mason. "Don't give me that crap" I gave him a pointed look. "Both me and you know that that's not correct" He seems surprised there but composed soon and was going to start defending him self but I stopped him.

"You always blame not being able to take off these cursed gloves on that incident! I bet you didn;t even try to take them off on the first couple of days after the murder! You're just so scared. You have to face your own problems, Mason, don't just freeze them temporally.

"If you actually wanted to get rid of them, you could've done it long before. You're just going to swoon over the past and never move on like the coward you are"

Well, that didn't turn out like I intended it to sound.

I regretted everything that I just said when I saw the tears beginning to form in is eyes.

"Mason, I--" he put his hand up to shush me.

"You're right. I'm just a coward who couldn't get over his own mother's murder" his voice was raspy and I was on the verge of breaking down and getting on my knees for him to stop crying, I cannot handle it. Even though tears didn't fall down on his beautiful cheeks, his eyes were puffy from holding much of them.

I reached out to touch his arms but he jerked backwards. "I'm just going to... go"

He turned around and started walking, but not to the direction where we came from. I started to call him but when I realized that there was no use, I just zipped it and fell to the ground after I saw his arm pointing out from the left side as he wiped his eyes with the sleeve on the white shirt.

If a human being can hear the insides of his body, I was sure that I'd hear the sound of my heart breaking to pieces like the fragile glass it is.

-

I have no idea how long I've been sitting here on the mud (that explains the brown all over my body) sobbing as I remembered every word that I uttered but one thing I know, it's been a lot. It was now dusk and the sun only had a couple of hours before it completely sunk in the horizon so that the shining moon will replace it. 

I've been here from what? Noon? I've been sulking for hours now. I have completely ruined this trip.

All I want to do now is invent a time machine to go back to when my foot first sunk in the mud and never say the words I did.

I don't even know what am I going to do now. I can't go back to the room because Mason probably hates me right now and, to know that we're supposed to stay one more night here, I'm absolutely lost.

Lost in every possible way. Lost, as in in an actual forest. Lost, as in a lost piece of a broken doll that is Mason. Lost as in internally lost and can't find my inside is completely empty.

I didn't care when I heard rustling and twigs getting crashed under feet. I didn't care when I felt movement right behind me or when I even felt something touching me so lightly. I didn't care if it was a wild animal that wanted to eat my flesh because really, be my guest.

And for that reason, I kept my head dug in my knees and continued with my pathetic session of self despising and balling my eyes out.

But, it was then when I looked up. It was when I felt something wrapping itself around my waist that I did look up.

When I looked up, blonde was staining my vision and the hairs were tickling my face as a heavy weight fell to the crook of my neck. I didn't say a word and almost smiled but when I remembered our earlier discussion, tears were threatening to fall.

My voice was broken, as if it was some kind of a sound affect but the reality is, it was just the sound of my heart that is broken talking out what it feels. "Mason, baby, I'm really sorry" I wrapped my arms around him, the same way he had his around me. He didn't move, instead he held me tighter. He didn't say a word and all that was heard was the sound of my sobs and sniffing as his shirt got wetter by my tears.

"Shhhh" he coed and kept giving my hair soft strokes and drew circles on my back, soothing me. And it kind of work because soon after, I pulled away and looked at his deep green eyes, getting lost in them as I was lost in this green forest not long ago.

He smiled sadly at me and before I could let out another sob or any sound, my lips were busy playing with his.

My arms that were around his waist flew up to his neck but his kept on their place on my own. I bit his bottom lips and he opened his mouth, alowing my tongue to enter his mouth as they swayed together with a perfect rhythem.

When we pulled back, he smiled down at me that smile that I fall in love with every time I see it.

He raised his right hand to my cheek and cupped it, holding it as if it was the most precious thing ever, then his so soft thumb slid right under my eyes.

"Even when you're crying, you're beautiful"

What surprised me was not that he came back, though that did, it was for a hell lot more important reason.

The thumb that slid across my skin was neither cold, black, nor leather.

                                                                         ●

today was my english exam and i think i did nice so yay me

kingsland road - all of me (cover)