27. Decisions, Decisions //The Lake pt.6//

Mason's point of view.

Silence.

It was all that was being heard in the short span of time of our way back to the rooms.

To say that I hate it would be a complete understatement.

I really hate how she is distancing herself from me at the moment because of something she thinks she forced me to.

I really can't deny that she has got a huge responsibility towards what I did, but not in a bad way. She has encouraged me to do so. And though her words were the slightest bit harsh, I absolutely love her for lashing at me the way she did.

After leaving her in the middle of the wood, I went on a walk to filter all of my thoughts and get rid of the negative ones that were persuading me to make a fuss about this. But I loved her so much that I couldn't even reply with an equal harsh statement, and I couldn't be glader that I did.

After throwing all the negative thoughts away, I thought of what to do.

At first, I tried to ignore the annoying part of my self that has been buzzing about taking off the gloves, seeing that the idea was absurd and never will it even work.

But when my mind went blank of thoughts, I realized that I should just give it a try, just for Ellie's sake.

When it comes to Elizabeth, it seems like I build some sort of power when a thing is related to her. Even if it has nothing to do to her, I want to impress her and do better in everything I am connected to.

Like my studies. Whenever I don't have anything to do, I actually go and study. I study for her, I want her to be proud of me. I want to be with her in collage, I want her to tell the world that she's my girlfriend and be proud of her words.

So, yeah, almost everything I do is for her.

I had gaind an abnormal strength when I find myslef tearing the leather fabric off of my hands and threw them on the muddy ground. And for some reason, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. 

I didn't even see one droplet of blood, and that is a lot to say.

"You're more distant now than when I wore them." I sighed, "you don't even hold my hands anymore"

That is true, we used to hold hands before but now with the slightest touch of my skin on hers, her hand jerks away from mine and she holds them to her chests.

It really hurts to see her like that to say the least. Especially that she has more guilt on her shoulder than the amount she's supposed to have, if not none.

What is torturing me even more is that she doesn't look at me and rather the ground when I try and talk to her, just like now. "I-- just--" she stuttered her words out.

I parked the car but before any of us could go out, I pressed the lock key. She gave me curious eyes as I leaned to the board in front of her, opened it, and grabbed my extra pair of gloves of it.

Before I can fully slide it in my hand, Elizabeth caught my wrist preventing me from completing my actions.

"don't" her voice was in a soft whisper that it took me time to hear it. I did what she said, sighed and threw the pair to the back seat.

I sighed and rested my head to the steering wheel, "Well, you have got to choose. It's either back to black or you take my hands in yours and not be afraid or guilty to touch it"

She was hesitant to answer. "I don't really know what to say"

"Then don't say anything." I sat straight, "I'm going to close my eyes now. If you want me to wear my gloves back, grab them from the backseat put them back on for me." I told her. "If you want to hold my hand like i do yours, just go for it."

And as I promised, I closed my eyes. Elizabeth coming closer was all I saw before the darkness took my sight.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting to happen. There was a part of me that believed that she'd hold my hands to her chest and kiss all over it, loving how my hands felt against hers. Her being all proud that I have finally reached my goal and knocked down all my fears.

The other part thought the complete opposite of that she's going to let the guilt take over her so bad that she would glue that doomed thing to my hands if she could. 

Even though what happened was expected, surprise was evident within me.

Her delicate fingers slowly unballed my fingers from forming the fist, sparks flying between our fingers like fucking fire sparks, and tangled her fingers in mine.

I opened my eyes to see her dashing smile, lightening up the whole veihcle, wide and I bet on a million dollar that I had the same grin on my face if not even wider.

Not wasting any time, I crashed my lips to hers and held her close with my hand on her neck to deepen the kiss. Both of her hands went to my hair tugging on the roots and that was pretty enough to turn me on.

I pulled away and smiled down at her. "We should finish this up stairs"

She nodded her head and was out of the car in no time. I shook my head at her but followed her. With my long legs, I was soon next to her and had my hands on her waist pulling her closer as we slowly made our way to the room.

"A bit eager, aren't we?" I teased her and bit her earlobe. I can feel her face heating up already.

I shook my head as the door dingged. "Don't worry. Someone's eager here too" I kicked the door with my feet and she got inside with her head hung low from embarrassment.

how long do you want this story to last? i can make it 35 chapters long or longer. s what you would like and please respond bcuz if you want it longer, it differ from the story line cuz i have two plots

and is it weird that my favourite chapter and/or part is chapter 25?

and the conversation from the old prologue isn't really included in the story since i made changes

( i don't have something in mind so no song, sorry)(does anyone even listen to them, i wonder)