13. Today's the day, my friend

Dedicated to yay_im_random cuz she's reading this and I owed her a dedication from my first book. (not forgetting to say that she's pretty cool too)

(show support to get a dedication!)(Longest Queue ever.)

*

I ended up texting Mason asking him if I can wear casual to which he replied with a cheesy 'You'll look just as perfect in anything' but when I texted and persuaded him to tell me, he said that, and I quote the text, 'Casual would be just perfect' with a winky smiley. And that text left me with nothing but pure curiosity,  thinking where he's going to take me since now I know it's not going to be an expensive restaurant that you have to wear black-tie to.

Not that I'm tiny bit disappointed since these restaurant are so expensive for a plate of salad and the leftovers are for the rubbish bins to eat while there's hungry stomachs waiting for a plate like this, half empty even.

And also since I'm not wearing a pair of high heels even if my life is depending on it. I have no problem with dresses, though.

Since I don't need Lucy's help in clothing anymore, just hair and make-up since I'm sure a messy bun won't do the trick, she sat there on my bed, going through my collection of magazines that in no way included girls magazines.

I entered the closet and grabbed a pair of denim shorts, since it wasn't that cold today, and a pale, long sleeve sweater that had "SMILE" written in black, bold font on it and settled for my black converse in my mind to wear later.

When I went out of the closet, I found Lucy still flipping through my National Geographic magazine, mumbling something about me not being girlish enough while shaking her head, which I decided to brush off as I cleared my throat, gaining her attention.

"You're wearing these?" she said, with disgust shown on her face, as she looked at the pieces of cloth in hands.

I groaned, I saw this coming. She always hates how I wear super casual clothes and she realy hates it. Now that I'm going on a date with Mason, she would never let me off the hook.

"Before you say anything," I lifted me hands up so my palm was in her face, a gesture for her to stop, "Mason said that I should wear casual and that's exactly what I'm wearing" I let my hand fall to my side as I shrugged.

"Ugh fine" she said in defeat, "But let me talk to Mason, I want to know where he's taking you and when are you coming back"

"Yes, mother" I rolled my eyes but gave her the phone anyways.

The name of 'Mother' isn't hurting me as it used to when I was younger, when it hadn't been long since her departure. In fact, I never thought that even if she was here with us, alive, it wouldn't be much different than it is now. 

(I never lost a close family member other than my Grandpa when I was 5 (thanks god) so I'm not sure how people feel and when does the pain goes away, but I'm guessing it depends on how the member is close to you)

My father was broken at first, of course he was, but hided it to make it seem better to both of his children, Nick and I. But then, when he recovered, he was a father that I would never replace as he watched all of mine and Nick's school activities, always been there when I need to talk about my school day and tucked me in bed after telling me a story about Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf as he ate her grandma. And after all of that, still managed to maintain his business.

After thinking about it, I feel real proud of him.

After putting on my clothes, I went out to find Lucy siting on the bed, putting my phone on it after she locked it.