33 || ❝we got disconnected.❞

❝Hey

Hey.

Hey.

We got disconnected. You never finished telling me your story.

Oh...right.

...

So anyway I told him no, told him I didn't like her. So at my words, he grins and looks me dead in the eye. He says, 'You can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. Swear you won't tell a soul.' So I promised not to tell and that's when explained that he had been sending her love letters for the past week or so.

...

He told me that he's working on this master plan on how to ask her out at the end of this week. And I know she'll say yes because she's been obsessing over these letters ever since she received them. 

L-London...I'm so sorry.

It's not your fault that I suck.

Don't say that about yourself. No you don't.

But I literally just gave away my only chance.

That you did. But it's not over til it's over. Maybe he'll get hit by a bus or something.

Sophie!

I'm just joking, sheesh. But I'm sorry, London. I'm sorry things seem to be not working out.

I'm sorry for wasting your time to be honest. I knew something like this would happen. It was a mistake to think a girl like her would ever like me.

Hey, but-

You know what's funny?

What?

Ever since I was a little kid, I thought God handpicked out this one person who would forever love and cherish you. I thought they would go on this great voyage through their lives until they finally met up and fell deeply, madly in love. But as the older I'm getting, the more I think God might have accidentally skipped over me.

That's not true. Delilah just couldn't see how wonderful you really are. And that's really a shame because you deserve more than that. You deserve the world, London Watkins.

...So do you, Sophie Price.

Oh, and London?

Hm?

I know you might be trying to ignore what you said earlier, but it's been running through my mind like crazy. Because this whole entire time...I was hoping there was just a tiny chance that maybe you'd see me. I was hoping you'd want me. Because I really like you too, London Watkins. A lot.

*click*

...So is hanging up on each other like our thing?

❝...❞

Ohmygosh...how could I be so stupid? I've been talking to her all this time, and didn't even realize that she's the one I've been looking for! Oh, Sophie. Beautiful, beautiful Sophie with the melodic voice and the Converse shoes. Sophie, the one who so suddenly made me forget about the withering Delilah in my sight. Sophie, the only girl whose name I have tattooed on my heart.

© Lightning_Stryker 2020