04 || ❝just listen!❞

❝Thanks for holding

Thanks for holding. This is Representative 103. I have your number attached to a credit card here, but no name attached your file. Oh, that's fun...

...

Ah, after clicking around it looks like the name on your credit card was London Watkins. Is that your name?

You wouldn't have to pull up the file again if you didn't hang up on me!

Oh, so you're London.

Yeah! And I don't appreciate the fact that I just paid for a two week subscription and you just hung up on me!

Look, I was just trying to teach you something valu-

No, the only think you're teaching me is that this service is garbage! I want my money back!

Hey, hey, hey just listen for a-

Don't even try and cover up the fact that-

That was a warm up exercise! My gosh!

Wait, what? A warm up?

Yes! A freaking warm up, London! If you would just chill for a second and stop talking over me, I could explain!

Well what kind of warm up exercise is that? What is that possibly going to teach me?

Look, just listen. Relationships take time, relationships take patience. This is exactly what I was trying to teach you if you would just let me talk. And obviously, you didn't pass test number one because you totally blew up on me.

But I'm supposed to be getting advice from you, not getting tested! How else am I going to learn how to talk to that pretty, redheaded girl?

My point exactly. Love doesn't just happen overnight! It's fragile and complicated and fabricates over time. If you don't have the patience to give me a phone call back, then how in the world will you have the patience to deal with her if she tells you that she 'needs some time' or 'wants to think about it'? Or God forbids she says that she's 'just too busy right now'. Are you going to give up and scream at her like you just did to me or are you going to be patient and wait on the line for her?

But-

❝But what?❞

I never really saw it like that before.

Dear London, sometimes you just need to think of the bigger picture. Luckily for you though, relationships are sometimes forgiving.

Right...so does that mean you'll forgive me and finally help me?

That'll be entirely up to you to decide.

Wait, how am I going to decide? What's up your sleeve 103?

Here's your second chance. Use it wisely.

*click*

What a moron. He actually believed me...

©Lightning_Stryker 2020