the midnight cravings

Start from the beginning

"Got a new batch last night"

"You my friend are my hero!"

"Well the least I expect is that you name your child after me I mean you're gonna have enough of them"

"if it was up to me then yeah man but not sure how the misses would feel"

"How long you two been married anyways man?" He asked.

"Oh we're not married but we've been together since we were 16 so we're basically married by now" I said as I reached the counter "I know it's a long shot but .. kiwi".

He made a face at me "does this look like the place that sells kiwi man?"

"Thought it was worth asking". I fist bumped Miguel and said I'd see him tomorrow before going to find a place that sells kiwi at half 3 in the morning.

So after 15 minutes if searching (by air) I found nowhere open. I did however find a fruit shop but like i said it wasn't open. Well except for a window.

Was I really going to break the law for kiwi?
Well it was for Piper so apparently the answer was yes because I would do anything for her.

I put the bag from Miguels shop down on the floor. The icecream was most likely just cream now with chocolate chunks.

I kicked up off the floor and just floated there in the air on level with the window. It was one of those small rectangle windows which mean it would be a bit of a squeeze.

I summoned a small burst of lightning. At least it was meant to be small. Instead it shattered the whole window.

Yeah ... not good!

I was freaking out but either way I dived through the window.

An alarm started to blare.

I scanned the place and saw it across the room glittering like a winning prize. I sprinted and grabbed it.

I tossed a 50 dollar bill down on the side. I broke the window and stole a kiwi it was the least I could do.

And then I flew straight back out as fast as I could.

I touched back down on the floor,grabbed the bag and let out a sigh if relief.

Ok i was done. If done it and it was only 3:45.

Well at least I thought I was done. I turned around and came face to face with a giant. 

Well a tiny giant. It was one of the ones Percy called Canadians, much too Frank's annoyance.

"What are you doing. You broke my window" the giant said and pointed to the shattered window.

" Right yeah. I'm really sorry. I er ... left money on the side"

The Canadian sniffed into the air. "You are half blood?"

"Wha-- I have no idea.."

"Yes you are half blood. You are half blood and you broke my window. I must kill you now".

"Look man it's nearly 4 in the morning. I'm exhausted and I have a pregnant girl back at home who needs this ice cream. If I get brutally murdered before giving this to her,she'll brutally murder you!"

I crossed my fingers and toes that he'd just let me go. Threats including a pregnant Piper looking for vengeance worked on a lot of  people. Mainly Leo.

"Broke window. Stole kiwi. Must die"

"I left you a giant tip and everything! Please done make me kill you"

He didn't take that advice. He picked up a garbage can and threw it at my head. I diced out of the way. Kiwi still in hand. My only priority was to protect that kiwi with my life.

I pulled out my magic coin and flipped it. It changed into a spear. I aimed it at his head. It landed the bullseye.

I actually felt pretty bad about kiling this giant.

I didn't have time to dwell on it though because so got a text.

Jason! Food?

I picked up the bag and flew for my life. I got home in record time .... and she was fast asleep.

Right in the middle of the bad as if she was impersonating a star fish!

I swear this is why she sends me out. She thinks up the weirdest food combinations all so she can steal my side of the bed.

Oh well. She's worth it.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcxxx

Meh feel kind of iffy about this chapter but oh well. Hope you enjoyed!!