Chapter thirty-six

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that was me. After you fainted and all that, I opened a breach to the warehouse and got them out." he smiled.

" Okay, guys? He needs to rest if his pressure is gonna stabilize. So let's give him some space." Caitlin suggested as she, Iris and Barry moved aside.

But Cisco and Wally stayed back.

" Um, hi?" Mon-el said.

" Do you think we're stupid?" Cisco asked.

"We know the second we all leave you alone, you're gonna try to zombie walk your way to see Kara." Cisco figured.

"Yup. So get comfy so you can get your pressure down." Wally tapped him on his leg.

Mon-el rolled his eyes as he leaned back in his bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex watched her sleeping sister as her chest rose and fell. Her head was leant to the side, resting on her shoulder. The scars on her arms and face had almost completely faded, but the one on her leg was still very prominent. Her skin was of a very pale colour, not as bright as she usually was, even with the many sun lamps hovering above her.

Her stomach had been wrapped in gauze which had become dirtied with her blood. Caitlin said that the bleeding would eventually stop once the kryptonite began draining out of her body, but for now, all they could do was wait.

Alex let out a heavy sigh. The one that she practiced every time that her sister had been seriously hurt in a fight against some criminal. But today, it came out a little more weighted.

Her sister had almost died. Supergirl
was almost killed. And all she did was stand there and watch it happen. If it wasn't for Mon-el and his unbelievable act, Kara wouldn't even be here right now.

She had to remember to thank the guy when he woke up. If she never knew it before, she definitely knew just how much he loved her sister to do something so crazy.

Kara began to stir. Her hands curled into fists as she tried to grab onto reality. Her head shifted from the side as her eyes slowly opened. She breathed in deeply.

"Alex?" she asked groggily.

"Kara. Hey. How are you feeling?" Alex asked, as she grabbed her hand.

" Like I got beat up by you if you had super powers." she groaned.

" Well, you did get into a pretty nasty fight. But you're fine now." Alex assured her.

It was all coming back to Kara. Dendron. The knife. Her thinking that she was going to die.

She pulled her hand from Alex's grasp and reached for her stomach, feeling the bandages as her eyes became blurry with tears.

"Kara, it's okay. You're okay. Caitlin got the knife out." Alex tried to comfort her.

"I thought I was going to die Alex. I didn't think I would ever see the light of day again." she said as she finally broke into tears.

Alex reached up and dried her distraught sister's tears.

"Hey, you know none of us would let that happen right? We managed to save you Kara. Well one of us did anyway." she told her.

Kara looked at her confused.

" What do you mean, one of you guys?" she asked.

"You were all locked up in the cells. How did one of you save me?" she asked.

Alex was about to tell her about her boyfriend's heroic act but Kara talked first.

" Hey, where's......." Kara began and not two seconds later, a commotion broke out outside.