20. Alternative Ending One

Y'all can give me ideas about scenarios you want Charlie and Holden to experience and I will do them. Well, try to.

*

*

"Charlie!" Holden shouted throughout the house. Charlie sat cross-legged on the couch with Ruth and Tony smiling as she drank her hot tea. She told them what she got Holden for Christmas. They were excited but they promised not to say anything.

"How has he not ran you off yet." Tony whispered, leaning over to whisper in her ear. She shrugged and set her tea down on the coffee table as she stood up to answer Holden's call.

She was not prepared to see the boy she was madly in love with to be in his boxers with clothes thrown everywhere. It was like a tornado has hit inside the room.

"Have you seen my Christmas sweater, I always wear my ugly Christmas sweater on Christmas." He said panicked. He tugged on the ends of his hair as he glanced everywhere in their room. Charlie scanned the room before pulling out a small gross looking sweater that poked out of his bed. She flung it at him, hitting him square in his face. Holden looked over at Charlie in astonishment.

He didn't say anything as he put it on. He grinned at her and stuck out his chest. He stood in nothing but the old sweater that had sewn up holes, stains, and showed a small bit of his stomach. The arms went down to the middle of his forearms but he solved that by rolling the sleeves up to his elbows.

'Maybe you should wear something different for this Christmas.' She hinted, glancing nervously in the direction of the door.

"No can do, babe." He said, grabbing a random pair of red plaid pajama bottoms. He put them on as he walked out of the door, stumbling a bit as he did so. She quietly sighed and followed him into the living room.

Charlie sat back down where she was before but this time she brought her knees to her chest, pulling one of Holden's sweaters over her legs too. She was nervous, sure, but she was also trying very hard to control her happiness. She couldn't wait to see his reaction.

"Presents?" Tony asked, sounding louder than usual, which was nearly impossible.

"Not yet, grams isn't here." Holden commented, leaning back on the couch next to Charlie. He grabbed onto her shoulder and pulled her back to lay on his side. In a moment of panic she kicked out her feet, kicking the coffee table but fortunately no drinks spilt.

"Whoa there Ms. Magic." Tony commented through his chuckles.

Before Ruth could scold him like she always did there was a knock on the door. Ruth answered it and a moment later the two Beckett's and three Hartel's sat in the living room. Charlie and Holden were sitting down by the fake white tree ready to give everyone else their presents. Charlie hid Holdens in her pile, he was going to get his last.

Once all the gifts were exchanged they opened them, going one at a time in a circle.

Charlie had gotten a few pieces of clothing and shoes from Ruth, a mug and gloves from Tony because he claimed that every time he gave her a hug her hands felt like ice on his back. He didn't like being cold. She got a scrapbook of her parents before they had Charlie. She cried, this was by far the nicest homemade thing she had ever received. From Holden she got a bracelet with their names engraved on it along with the day they became an item. He had also gifted her papers that were stringed together with such things as "free foot rub" which she rolled her eyes at. She put the bracelet on her wrist and looked around to see if everyone had opened their presents.

She noticed Holden glance at his gifts in confusion before looking up to Charlie. At this moment Ruth pulled out her phone to record. His face was reflecting only confusion.

"What's going on, why are you filming this? Mom, Charlie?" He asked, now looking suspicious. She pulled out the long box from behind her and held it out. He took it and with a moment's hesitation he opened it.

"I'm waiting for something to jump out at me. Guys I'm nervous." He commented, wiping his hands on his pajama bottoms.

He got all the wrapping paper off and now a long white box sat in his lap. He slowly opened the box and stared down in confusion.

"What?" He asked, looking up with wide eyes.

"What is it?" Ruth asked, hiding her grin behind her hand and she still filmed with the other.

"Two pairs of baby shoes. What? Charlie, this isn't funny, what's going on."

'I'm pregnant.' She signed, placing a hand on her still flat stomach.

"For real? This is real?" He asked with the biggest grin. Se nodded and held up two fingers. He looked at her hand before looking back to the two pairs of baby booties. "There's two, twins?" She nodded again with a grin on her face.

By now tears were streaming down everyone's face.

"I'm going to be a dad!" He exclaimed, lunging over everything to tackle Charlie in a hug. "I'm going to be a dad. Oh my god I'm going to be a dad." He whispered, holding Charlie tighter.

She wrapped her arms around him, placing her hands in his hair as he laid on top of her, still hugging her.

Ruth stopped filming as sat back down on the couch.

"Didn't I tell you to use protection. I clearly stated that I didn't want to be a grandpa yet. I can't wait to spoil the brats." Tony said. Everyone rolled their eyes. Holden rolled them over so now Charlie was lying on his chest.

'Will you throw away that ugly sweater now?' She signed close to their faces.

"Absolutely not. When they get older I have to get them one too." He said with a permanent grin on his face.

'I love you.' She signed.

"I love you too. And I love those peanuts in there. Oh my god we're going to be parents!" He gave her a light kiss and that's how he two of them stayed until Christmas dinner was ready. She was going to tell him on December tenth, her eighteenth birthday but she did have to admit this, she was glad she waited a little bit longer to tell him. She's had a few days to process everything so now she was going head first into this with a clear conscious. She was having twins with Holden and she couldn't be anymore happier.

*

*

Question: Did I redeem myself?