15. Halloween (pt2)

Tony grinned at everyone, making sure to make eye contact with everyone. He grew out a mustache so he could play this part. He didn't speak in his normal voice instead he made up some old man voice to go with his character.

"Now I'm going to pass around the hat with the papers telling you if you're the killer, a victim, or an accomplice. Since this is Charlie's first time playing with us she'll have first pick. Remember this; do not show anyone if you're a victim, killers, or accomplice. Only you should know. Take it to your grave. Got it." She nodded nervously. Tony took his rounded hat off of his head and emptied the contents of his pocket inside.

He shoved the hat in front of her so she looked away as she stuck her hand inside. She rummaged around the small strips of paper until she picked one. She kept it closed in her hand until everyone had picked one. The girl couldn't open it now because she was on Holden's lap, he could easily see.

Soon everyone stood up and went to secluded parts of the small house to look at their paper. Charlie was victim number seven. And doing the math she would be the last one to die. She could collectively hear quiet groans of protesting.

"Okay victims, the number on your card is the order you're going to die. One first, two second so on so forth. Ruby is in charge of the electricity. Go along with your normal nigt but when the lights go off you'll be dwindling down to one. You have one chance to guess the killer after the first victim and if you get it wrong you can't guess again. Ready? Go!"

The room fell quiet. No one moved, each of us wanting to make someone else move first. Holden was the first to break the silence as he walked over to the radio and clicked it on. Excited shouts filled the air. People started to dance and move around now, the previous tension long forgotten. Her boyfriend walked over to her and threw his arm over her shoulder. She looked up at him as he looked down at her. He leaned down to place a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Hello, Sherlock. You look absolutely beautiful." He whispered against her lips with a smile. She rolled her eyes and pressed her lips firmly against his.

'Hello Mr. Doyle.' She signed when she broke away. He took a moment to process what she said. Once he understood he grinned, keeping his arm around her shoulder as he pulled her close to his side.

She started walking towards the food table and Holden went along with her. There were a lot of strange foods. Finger foods that looked like actual fingers, jello that looked like brains, and other foods that looked like other body parts and organs. It didn't look very appetizing but she knew that if Ruth and Tony made it it would be good no matter what.

She picked up a small paper plate and piled two of whatever she wanted. She knew that Holden would munch off of her plate. That's exactly what he did too. When she picked up the finger food he did too. It was good, that much she couldn't deny. These foods went along with the zombie character.

Without warning the lights in the house went off for about twenty seconds. Screams filled the silence and when they came back on everyone looked around to see who was missing. Everyone looked to be accounted for. Wait, where was Preston?

"Someone killed the Grimm Reaper? How dark." Holden whispered to break the tension.

"Preston, no!" Colin said dramatically falling to his knees. "Wait, someone help me up please I can't move." Charney helped him up and everyone else went back to what they were doing.

"Any guesses?" Tony called out. No one answered him though.

Even if everyone went back to doing what they were doing before there was still a small tension in the air. Charlie could ignore it though, she was the last one the be killed off. If anything she should be formulating who the killer and their accomplice would be. Ruth and Tony weren't actually involved in the game, they were the hosts. There were a total of three girls here, Charlie, the slutty Dorothy, and the pirate. Then there were the six guys; the vampire, princess mermaid, ghost, zombie, red riding hood, and Arthur Conan Doyle. There were no leads, no given clues to give away who what the killer. She could make a wild guess but if she was wrong then she wouldn't be able guess again. If she had to guess who it was right now she would be suspicious of the red riding hood guy. He stook alone in the corner of the dining room munching on some of the foods looking quite nervous.