13. Intimate

Okay, it's technically Tuesday, granted it's about 1:20am, but I couldn't wait to post this chapter.

-Tabitha
P.s. It's October now, to me all of October is Halloween so Happy Halloween.  

---

The following week Charlie was bed ridden and not allowed to step outside. She didn't even think that she was allowed to open her window. The day that Charlie ran off she hadn't said a word to her grams causing her to look all over town for her. But Ruth called her later that night. Her grams was thankful for the Hartel's. Charlie was too, she didn't know that her not caring about her health in that moment would cause her to almost die.

Holden was the most torn out of everyone. He didn't want to leave Charlie alone, he constantly texted her to check in. He cared for her more than he cared for himself. He stopped by after school each day with a hot coffee and her homework. She had missed a whole week of school and she was sure that it would easily be two if her grams still didn't trust her by then.

After she came down from her hypothermia she developed a small cold. But small colds to anyone else was a colossal cold for Charlie. She was ready for the sickness to be over with but she deserved this. She deserved every bit of what happened to her. It was her fault for being so stupid.

Holden, who had come over everyday all week, was busy with swim practice so Charlie was completely. Grams was at work and she was tired of being in the same bed, in the same room for a whole week. She was frustrated but she supposed it was fair. She shouldn't have ran off for a stupid reason such as a yearly trip that her and her parents used to take every year. They were dead. She didn't need to linger on the dead, she needed to linger on the living. The living was now and the dead were in the past. The past she could never get back.

While lost in thoughts she lost track of time and was startled when she felt a warm kiss on her forehead. She jumped back and stared wide eyed at Holden who stood there without his usual warm smile.

'What's wrong?' Charlie signed slowly for him to understand.

"Oh, it's nothing." He said absentmindedly as he sat down beside her, placing her warm coffee in her ice cold hands.

'Tell me.' She leaned her head on his shoulder and glanced up at him. He was staring ahead so he didn't see what she signed. His face was void of his usual happiness and his lips sat in a straight line.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked out of the blue. She nodded against his shoulder and that's how they sat while she sipped her bitter coffee. Time passed painfully slow as Holden sat stuck in his thoughts.

Charlie set her now empty coffee cup on her nightstand and moved so she was sitting cross legged in front of Holden. She put her hands on either side of his face to bring him forward so she could place her chapped lips onto his. He pulled apart before he sucked in a deep breath, looking bewildered at Charlie. She only smiled at kissed him again before sitting back down knowing that she now had his full attention.

'What's wrong.' She signed again, looking at his face.

He looked down at her hands that now sat in her lap before picking at the hem of his shorts.

"It's, uh, noting. I mean, It's not bad. I just know that I love you and I was letting my mind wander. Seeing you spaced out really did a number on my mind. Anyway, I should ask now because my family is really big with Halloween, every year Tony does something stupid and I was wondering if you would like to suffer with me? You don't have to but it would be nice to be with someone I know. It's different every year. He starts planning as soon and the previous ends." He explained, still not looking up to meet Charlie's eyes. His hazel eyes still focused on her hands.

She, once again, brought her hands to his face to have him look up at her. She nodded with a small smile. She didn't think that that was what he was thinking about but she didn't want to push him on the subject.

He moved his hands and placed them on her waist before pulling her closer to his body, laying back so she was laying on him. He rested his arms on her lower back not breaking their kiss for a moment. Charlie pulled away and placed a gentle kiss on his jaw before she moved down to his throat, trailing feather like kisses. She could feel his adam's apple bob when he swallowed, letting her know that he was liking what she was doing. Her hands gripped at his shirt, tugging it up a bit. He sat up a little before peeling the tight shirt off of his body. His body hit the bed again and she continued her trail of kisses, nipping at his skin.

She gently bit down where his neck and shoulder met and he let out a quiet moan, running his hands up and down her sides before finding the hem of her tank top. She wasn't wearing a bra so if he took off her tank top then she would be exposed to him and for some reason she didn't mind one it. She was ready. She wasn't sure what made her ready for this, she just was. It was like a switch in her mind.

With ease, he lifted her shirt. She detached her lips from his body so he could pull it off of her before she went back to his warm body. His toned chest was hand under her roaming hands and under her lips. She could feel his breathing starting to get deeper. She nipped his skin as she went lower to the button of his jeans. Holden lifted his hips in a moan before tangling his hand into her hair. He pulled her up so he could bring her into another kiss.

Holden flipped them so he was on top of her and he mimed what she had previously done to him. He left a trail of hickies down her body, one right after another, arching her body towards him to get more. Charlie brought her hands down to his shorts, unbuttoning them.

"Are you sure?" He asked, his voice low and vibrating against her skin. It was her first time and his first time but there was no one else that they would rather do this with. There was no 'right time' or 'special place' every moment between them was right and special.

Before they knew it they had spent the night together. They messed up, Holden cracked jokes when they were intimate but no one's first time was perfect like in books. It was real. It was them. 

*

*

Question: Do you have any pets?