Chapter Fourteen

Cibrian was out the door before Jordan got up from her chair. Levi looked warily at Heath. 

“I saw your work. Impressive,” Heath said. “You’re an earth talent, right? We found five people being held down by high grass and three people buried alive. Seems you were holding your own before we got there.”

Levi didn’t respond, so Jordan led him down to the kitchen. They both tensed when they saw Mr. Parker at the table. He was reading a newspaper and dressed casually in jeans, a red shirt and gloves. Kelly had breakfast platters on the dining table and she beamed when she saw them. 

“I wasn’t sure what you like Levi, so I made a little bit of everything,” she said.

Mr. Parker didn’t look up as Kelly ushered them into seats at the table. Jordan hesitated when Kelly pushed her into the seat on Mr. Parker’s left. Cibrian was already eating and talking to Kelly as easily as if nothing out of the ordinary occurred. Mostly to give herself something to do, Jordan loaded up her plate. Levi didn’t eat until several minutes passed and Cibrian didn’t keel over. Knight walked down the stairs and that finally got Mr. Parker’s attention.

“He’s in the house?” 

Jordan shrugged. 

“You named him?” he continued and set the newspaper down. 

He acted as if their fight several hours ago was a figment of her imagination and she didn’t like it. 

“His name’s Knight,” she said grudgingly.

His mouth twisted. “Hmm.”

He didn’t have to say a thing to show he didn’t care for the name. “I like it,” she snapped. 

Mr. Parker began to eat and Jordan was forced to do the same. She looked across the table and saw Heath staring at Levi.

“You’re very strong for someone so young,” Heath said. 

Levi didn’t answer.

“Donovan says you tracked Jordan here from Nevada?”

Levi nodded. 

Heath shook his head. “That’s unheard of. You must be a tracker talent of some kind.”

Cibrian spoke up with his mouth full of eggs. “He’s gonna be huge.” 

Jordan winced when Cibrian downed his food with a gulp of soda. 

“Can you track anyone?” Heath persisted.

Levi glanced at Mr. Parker who waited for his answer. “If I have contact with them, yes.”

“Wow.” Heath waggled his brows at Mr. Parker. “Jordan sure makes things interesting around here.”

Mr. Parker grunted and ate his pancakes. 

“I assume you’re an earth, fire talent?” Heath asked Levi who glanced at Cibrian. “I’m the same. You’re built like a Darsana too.” He took in Levi’s husky form and nodded with approval. “You have a lot of control over your power. When did you Awaken?”

Levi glanced around the table and found everyone waiting expectantly. “Twelve.”

“Damn,” Cibrian said admiringly. 

“It got me out of trouble.”

“What kind of trouble?” Mr. Parker asked sharply.

Levi looked at him with cynical eyes. “It kept me alive on the streets. No one could sneak up on me.”