25th Lie

[Author's POV]

Jimin was doing okay until yesterday. Despite all the downpour and the news about Jungkook's confession that hit him one after another, he was sure that he's doing just fine.

But this morning his temperature suddenly went high and he felt like his energy had left his body,  leaving him with a slightly rainy nose and a hoarse voice that Mrs. Park even told the boy to skip school and just stay at home for the day.

He's been lying on the bed since morning and even though the fever hadn't gone completely, he just couldn't help himself from not doing anything otherwise the boredom would kill him.

So, the sick boy walked up to his desk, intended to play some computer games to kill the time and to eliminate his boredom. He lazily pushed a few things aside since they were blocking the keyboard, but then he heard a loud sound as something hard hit the floor.

Realizing that he just dropped some things, he let out a tired sigh before crouching down to collect a few books that fell down mercilessly when he tried to get rid of them. That was when his eyes landed on the most intriguing and unique thing amongst them.

The bright color and the dots that popped up on both the cover and the binder knocked his memories. The book that he used to read before he went to bed every single night ever since he brought it home simply because he really wanted to be able to read with her.

But ever since he found out that the girl already belongs to Jungkook, he has forgotten about that routine. He remembered most of the symbols already, so he thought that was more than enough. He couldn't find any more reasons on why he should continue to learn the braille even further, and that's why the book started to get abandoned.

He took the book as he flipped the pages. He checked on the last page where the due date was stated and it read Thursday 15 which literally two days ago.

Great, now I have to pay for the fine.

He softly groaned because he had to return the book as soon as possible, but going to the library again suddenly made him hesitate. 

He slowly glanced up at the clock to check on the time before he nodded his head mentally, convincing himself to just go. He then took his jacket and finally go to the library.

She usually showed up at 4 and returning this one book wouldn't take that long.

He thought as he walked out of the house, pulling the hoodie over her head before he tightened the jacket around his body so it could protect him from the cold air that piercing through his skin.

~ ~ ~

Jimin walked out of the library casually, feeling glad that the girl wasn't there or at least he didn't catch a glimpse of her inside that building.

He only reached the gate when his ringtone suddenly blaring through the air as he got a call from his mother, causing his footsteps to stop before he pulled out the phone and took the call.

"Yes mom─"

"Where are you going?!" Mrs. Park yelled and Jimin had to pull the phone away from his ear for a second.

"Ah, sorry. I forgot to tell you─"

"I told you to just stay home yet you're running around with that fever!" His mom cut him off for the second time, causing the blonde to mentally shook his head as he heaved a sigh.

"I'm fine mom, I've taken the medicine. Don't worry too much. I'll be home soon." He finally managed to finish his sentences.

"You better be." Mrs. Park taunted before she hung up the phone.