20th Lie

[Author's POV]

Sora was a bit confused when she suddenly heard the sound of Jungkook who was whistling softly to a song she couldn't really identify.

She thought that she was dreaming that she almost didn't want to wake up at all, but a hand that was stroking her head felt too real to be just a dream. So, she tilted her head slightly as her eyelids slowly fluttered open.

"Oh, you're awake?" The boy said when he saw her blinking.

"Jungkook?" She mumbled in order to make sure that she was right before she lifted her head and then moved to a sitting position.

"Good morning." He said cheerfully, showing off his bunny teeth.

"Good morning. What are you doing here? You're not going to school?" She said in curiosity as her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"I woke up too early this morning so I thought I could just stop by to see you before I go to school." He explained briefly.

"Oh I see. I almost thought I was dreaming you know." She chuckled softly.

"You can go back to sleep and dream of me if you want." He teased as he pulled a small smirk on his lips.

"Why dreaming when you're already here in reality?" She muttered as a thin smile spread across her face.

The smirk that was hanging on Jungkook lips slowly turned into a sheepish smile. He pinched her cheek lightly and gained a soft groan from the girl as a tint of pink slowly decorating her cheeks.

"I missed you." He mumbled as he frowned slightly.

"Me too." She whispered under her breath but it was loud enough for the boy to hear the words clearly.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't visit you often lately. I have no idea that school is pretty tiring." He muttered as he sighed.

"It's okay, I know you need to catch up on your study. Just don't force yourself and get enough rest, okay?" She said as she gave him a soft smile.

"Okay." He nodded lightly while his smile was getting wider as he stared at her face with that gentle look of him.

Sora caring about him was the only thing he ever wanted, the only thing he ever needed. She was one of the reason that he was still breathing at this very moment, witnessing the beauty that once never even crossed his mind.

He was grateful to have met her on that day. If she wasn't there, he really couldn't imagine that a day like this would actually come. Who thought that a piece of chocolate could bring a bunch of sweetness into his life.

"How are you doing lately?" He mumbled as his thumb caressing the back of her hand gently.

"I'm fine." She said briefly. "Oh, and the doctor finally allowed me to go outside so I'm feeling really happy lately." She added as excitement filling her entire voice.

"Go outside? Like really out of here?" Jungkook cocked one of his eyebrows as if he didn't believe it.

"Yes. I know it's unbelievable but since then I've been visiting the library a couple of times and it was fun." She said cheerfully.

"Ah really?" He said as he thought about how happy she looked at the moment.

"Mhm. Oh, and I also went to a cafe last night. Their chocolate milkshake was sooo good, you should try it sometimes!" She grinned in excitement.

"I'm glad to know that you're having fun and enjoying your time like that." He mumbled softly.

Even though he was actually feeling a bit sad since she was doing all that stuff without him, he managed to let out a smile just by the thought of her being this happy.