6th Lie

[Author's POV]

The street was empty when dark clouds slowly approaching from above, surrounding it with a dull and cold atmosphere. Raindrops fell slowly, moistening the asphalt the black car was passing through.

It turned into a very heavy rain in the next minute, causing the street became so blurred that the driver couldn't see the road ahead clearly. Unfortunately, he also couldn't see a big truck coming from the other way.

The car hit the corner of the truck, causing the driver turned the wheel in panic. Tires against the slippery road producing a squeaking sound which deafening the ear. The car went out of control as it hit the roadblock, causing it jumped as it went backward.

A little girl witnessed everything from the backseat. She also witnessed the moment when death approaching her parents in front of her eyes, leaving their bodies lied down lifelessly.

She had blood all over her, not really sure whom they're belong to. Herself? Her parents? All of them? The pain inside her head was unbearable. She was screaming because no one was around and her parents didn't move a single bit.

It scared her.

Her eyes wide open, consuming all the terrible scenery that unfolds before her whether she liked it or not. Her body was trembling in fear, but she could do nothing besides crying and screaming while asking for help. Hoping that someone would actually show up and help them out of there.

Hoping that someone would help her out of there.

Her head started pounding, even harder than before that she felt like it wanted to explode. In the next second, everything went pitch black. She couldn't see a thing, even after she tried to blink a hundred times. She didn't know what really happened next because she lost her consciousness.

~ ~ ~

"Are you okay?" Jimin said as he pulled away from the hug to check on her.

She suddenly got both of her hands gripping on each side of her head. Her eyes were shut closed, really really tight. Her lips were quivering as she tried to suppress the pain inside her head.

She groaned, she whimpered, and she looked suffered. She felt like her head could explode at any second now. She got her body curled on the bed as it shaking in fear.

It's really painful to watch and Jimin almost lost his mind as it went blank for a brief moment since he didn't really know what to do. But watching her suffering like that suddenly tore his heart in two.

"W-what's wrong??" Jimin asked carefully as he grabbed her shoulders, creased were visible on his forehead.

"My parents... ughhh" She groaned in pain, her voice was shaking as she swallowed the hard lump inside her throat.

"What about them?" Jimin said with an apologetic look.

"I was in the 7th grade when I lost them... It was summer break and I still remember ugh..." She paused as she groaned, but then continued, "I still remember how happy I was because we were going to spend the holiday in a resort..." She muttered quickly, still struggling with the pain.

"Hey hey, you don't need to continue." He quickly said as he rubbed both of her hands to calm her.

But she ignored him and just kept on mumbling about the accident. Jimin didn't really want to interrupt her, but she looked really angry and also in pain at the same time.

He wished she could just stop talking about her past if it was hurting her that much. But she won't stop no matter how much he tried to convince her and the last thing he could do was just listening to her till the end.