2nd Lie

[Jimin's POV]

The first day of the deal, which I made with Jungkook, is here. I had been stood still for almost thirty minutes in front of the door where number 707 was written on top of it.

I had no idea what made me so nervous that I couldn't even knock on the wooden door immediately.

I took a deep breath for the umpteenth time before I finally braved myself to slide the door open, right after I left a few soft knocks on the surface.

The room was extremely quiet that my instinct even told me to tiptoe into the room as I looked around. My eyes swiped the entire space before it stumbled into something and froze.

There I found, a girl with her white hospital gown was lying on the bed. Just when I thought she was sleeping, she fluttered her eyes open and sat up straight the moment she heard the door being closed behind me.

"Is that you?" She asked politely.

Her voice was soft yet steady. Her dark brown hair was shining under the sunlight that peered through the white curtain. Her skin was as white as the snow. Her light brown eyes were staring into space as it filled with emptiness.

"Mhm." I finally replied. Well, more like clearing my throat out of this nervousness that I got as I stunned by the view in front of my eyes.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you for ages!" She exclaimed. Her perfect teeth were showing due to the smile that she gave to me.

"O-oh forgive me, the doctor prohibited me to go outside for a while." I mumbled softly as I scratched the back of my head which definitely wasn't itchy at all.

"Yeah, I know. I heard it from the nurse a few days ago." She said softly. "So, how are you feeling now?"

"I'm good, thankyou. How about you?" I replied in a monotone, almost sounded like a robot.

"Never better." She said as she let out a soft giggle.

I just stared at her with amusement because she looks just normal. Her tiny face and her eyebrows that were covered by her bangs just adding a perfect combination to her pale skin.

"You have no idea how much I miss you. It's been two weeks." She continued as she pouted.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry." I said as I looked down.

Why I felt nervous so suddenly?

"It's okay. You're here anyway." She smiled sincerely.

My lips formed a smile as a reaction to hers, which I admit that I didn't plan at all. Then I remembered about the box that I carried with me the whole time. I brought something for her, just like what Jungkook asked earlier.

"Oh right, I brought you something." I muttered as I pulled the overbed table. I opened the box and then moved the cake to a plate before I placed them on the table. I pulled a chair so I could sit right next to her.

"I smell cheese!" She squealed in happiness.

"Of course, it's your favorite." I chuckled at her reaction.

So, just as Jungkook said, she indeed loves cheese. But I didn't expect her reaction would look as adorable as a little kid like that.

"But I don't smell chocolate?" She said again as she tilted her head as if she was thinking.

"Why would you?" I raised an eyebrow since I felt a bit confused because Jungkook didn't mention anything about chocolate.

"Oh c'mon, you're a chocoholic! There's no way you didn't buy anything chocolate-ish." She replied.

I was startled for a moment. It's true that Jungkook is a chocolate lover, but not me. I hate chocolate to death. I couldn't even stand the smell of it sometimes. It makes me sick. I didn't expect her to recognize such a little detail and now I had to rack my brain to find a reasonable excuse.

"Uh... I don't feel like eating chocolate today." I lied as I scratched my temple with my index finger.

"B-besides, I wanted to taste the cheesecake too." I added as I forced a chuckle, slowly glancing back at her.

Why didn't she say anything? Am I that suspicious? I'm sorry Jungkook, I blew─

"Because I never allowed you to taste mine and now you're curious?" She said a moment later as she laughed.

"W-well, yeah kinda." I tried to let out a chuckle as a response while on the inside I was sighing out loud since I felt relieved.

"You should just ask you know? Why are you so silly?" She laughed.

"I'll start asking from now on, okay? Now let's just eat, shall we?" I added as I took the tiny fork to cut the cake and then brought it up to her mouth, waiting for her to open it.

"Are you feeding me?" She raised an eyebrow as she slightly giggling.

"Yes, why?" I asked back.

"Nothing." She shrugged before she ate the cake but then chuckled afterward.

"Then why are you laughing?" I frowned as I looked at her, extremely confused.

"Because it's the first time you did this." She said briefly as she smiled.

Shit. Did I go overboard?

"Y-you should tell me if you don't like it you know." I said as I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"Who said that I don't like it?" She mumbled softly and successfully made me nervous once again.

"Jungkook?"

She called out my brother's name and I heard it very clearly. But then I realized that I was the one she called for because she thought that I was him. Well, I made her thought so.

"Yes?" I said a moment later.

"I'm glad you're visiting me again." She muttered with a thin smile lingered on her lips.

From there, I realized how much Jungkook meant to her and probably vice versa. I also began to understand why he asking me this favor.

"I'll visit you again tomorrow, okay? Don't worry." I mumbled as I ruffled her hair gently.

"Promise?" She grinned as she held her pinky in the air.

I stared at her thin finger blankly before my eyes went back to her face. Her smile still plastered perfectly on her lips which successfully made my lips formed the same curvy line as I smile, again.

"Promise." I said as I linked my pinky finger with hers.