3rd Lie

[Author's POV]

The sun is shining to its brightest, spreading the warm light through the wide blue sky. The cherry blossoms bloomed underneath it, spreading their petals in full confident no matter how hard the wind tried to knock them down.

Even though she couldn't witness the beauty of her surrounding, she could feel the warmth of the sunlight caressing her pale skin as the wind carried the smell of the flowers into her nose, causing her lips curled into a smile.

Her presence caught Jimin's attention when he walked past the hospital park. He stopped for a while as he thought whether he should approach her or just kept going to his brother's room.

It didn't take long enough before he finally turned his heels and changed his direction.

"Hey." Jimin said right after he stood in front of her.

"Oh, hi!" She replied as she turned her head toward the boy who quickly hid his school bag behind him in reflex.

Wait, she can't see Jimin, why are you so stupid?? Jimin thought inside him and then took a seat beside the girl.

"Uhm, it's me by the way." He said awkwardly.

"I know it's you. Who else would willingly talk to me if it's not you?" She chuckled.

"Well, just in case." Jimin replied as he let out an awkward chuckle.

"I visited your room this morning." She said suddenly.

"Y-you did?" He stuttered.

"Yeah but you were sleeping so I left before the nurse told me to." She added.

"Ah I see." The boy sighed in relief because he thought that she already found out about him.

"Anyway, how did you get here?" Jimin asked curiously when he realized that she didn't bring any walking stick with her.

"The nurse helped me." She replied briefly.

"How long have you been here?" He asked again.

"Uhm about an hour perhaps? I'm not sure. The nurse said she would pick me up in thirty minutes but she hasn't shown up until now." She said as she bit her lower lip.

"She must have forgotten about you." Jimin said jokingly as he chuckled.

"I'm used to being forgotten." She said as she forced a chuckle.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." Jimin quickly apologized right when her empty expression caught his eyes which successfully made him feeling sorry towards his own sense of humor.

"Nah I'm just kidding." She shook her head as she giggled softly. "Anyways, what brings you here? The doctor has allowed you to go outside now?"

"Well... yeah apparently. I missed being outside so I decided to take a walk for a while." Jimin's index finger scratched his temple as if he was digging some ideas out of his brain.

"Isn't it nice to be outside after being locked inside that boring room for so long?" She took a deep breath as she smiled.

"Of course it is." Jimin nodded in agreement even though he knows that the girl wouldn't see it.

They were drowned in their conversation before Jimin realized that the sun was almost set to its resting place.

"I think we should go back now before the sun is completely gone." Jimin said as he stood up.

"Oh time flies really fast." She mumbled softly.

The girl stood up from her seat, intended to go back to her room. Meanwhile Jimin who was already a few steps ahead, turned his head as he looked back. He felt curious on why the girl hasn't caught up yet.

He instantly felt both pity and guilty the moment he witnessed how she tried to walk without tripping into something as her hands groping the air cluelessly.

Jimin instinctively turned around and walked back to her before he grab her hand. He held it tightly before he began to walk, dragging her with him. His action somehow made the girl startled a little bit, but she didn't refuse his grip and just let him guided her instead.

They almost reached her room when Jimin noticed that she kept on looking down along the way, which made him felt curious and confused at the same time.

"What's wrong?" Jimin gave him a puzzled look once they were inside of her room.

"Nothing." She replied softly, still looking down.

"Are you sure?" He lifted one of his eyebrows as he slightly felt worried.

The girl didn't answer and Jimin had to bend down a little bit so he could see her face clearly because she kept looking on the ground.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" He said again, frowning as he looked at the girl in front of her.

"It's just uhm, your hand." She said nervously.

"My han─ ah sorry." Jimin said as he let go of her hand awkwardly. "You should've just told me if you don't like it earlier." He added as he stood straight before he took a step back.

"No, I like it! I-I mean, I don't mind it. It's just─ it's the first time I held hands with a guy besides my father so I kinda felt nervous." She blushed.

Jimin couldn't help but laugh at her explanation. She was trying to cover her red cheeks all this time, that's why she kept on looking down and he oddly found it cute.

"You don't have to be nervous around me. We're friends right?" Jimin said as he smiled.

"You're right, I shouldn't be nervous around my friend." She nodded slightly before she took a deep breath, probably to calm herself down.

"Well then, I'll go now. Rest well, okay?" He said as he patted the girl's head gently before he walked out of the room.

She nodded slightly before she waved her hand toward the boy, "Thankyou, you too."

Jimin just mumbled the words no problem softly before he stepped outside and shut the door close.

He took a deep breath before he proceeded to go back to his original destination which was his brother's room.

It's only been two days and I already claimed myself as her friend. Jimin, you got no shame.