Chapter 7

Sorry for another short chapter. I promise the next one will be longer!
-

Malina woke up around an hour after Lazare had made his life changing decision. She was a bit freaked out when he just stared at her after she woke.

Lazare held her hand as his eyes filled with tears, she looked so frightened.

As Malina tried to sit up the man put his head on her lap and his arms around her waist.

Lazare held onto his mate for dear life, as if he was scared she would disappear into thin air.

He buried his face into her stomach as he began to cry. Lazare found it hard to bare the thought of his mate leaving and forgetting about him, but he had already convinced himself that it would make her happy, therefore it was the best option in his mind.

Malina felt very uncomfortable, as the man whom had kidnapped her began crying. She didn't feel much sympathy for him, just a lot of awkward tension.

So she decided to do something she would normally do if somebody cried, pat their head softly.

Lazare's breath hitched as he felt his mates hand pat/stroke him. He couldn't help but purr as his mate tried to comfort him.

As he stared to move his head against his mates hand he began to think, would it be like this if he shifted into his wolf form for her, or would she scream, cry and try to get away from him.

He wanted to shift into his wolf form, as he hadn't shifted in awhile, but he knew it would only make his mate more frightened of him, and he didn't know if he could deal with that.

Lazare's eyes began to close as exhaustion washed over him. That and the mix of his mates scent and the rhythmic stroking was enough to make him slip into a dreamless sleep.