92 - Soft Whispers

Zayn‘s POV

"I'm sorry, she's gone."

Entering the hospital, expecting the worse, then receiving the worse hurt so badly.

The doctor instantly told us my mother had passed, and I'd barely had time to breathe having run in the hospital without stopping until I reached the room.

Dad and my sisters were hot on my trail, and the news surely broke everyone.

I sunk into my seat, speechless to say the least. The world blanking out as I was swallowed into my own thoughts, memories sinking into my mind, moments I cherished with my mum.

*Flashback*

I ran inside, tears rolling down my cheek, "Mum! Mummy!" I cried, my muddy shoes leaving prints as I ran into the kitchen.

The sweet smell of cookies and cake baking hit my nose, spotting my mother in her apron, wiping her hands.

"Baby boy, what's wrong?" She pulled me in her arms, holding me close.

"The big kids stole my football, Mummy." I cried in her shoulder.

She gasped, "That's it, are they still at the park?"

I nodded as she wiped away my tears. She lifted me up, grabbing her car keys and power walking out of the house, and to her small car. She set me in the back seat, before getting in the drivers seat.

Five minutes later we were at the park, and my mum told me to stay put, spotting some older kids playing with my ball. She got out the car, leaving me  to watch her actions.

She walked right up to them, scolding them and snatching my ball, telling them not to mess with a little kid again.

I smiled, loving how my mum protected me.

Around thirty minutes later, my mother and I were curled up on the couch, watching Finding Memo and eating cookies.

I smiled fondly up at her, "Love you mummy."

"And I love you, baby boy. No one messes with you, I'll beat all your bullies up." She tickled my sides, causing me to giggle.

*Flashback End*

Jason's POV

Zeke closed his eyes, lips turning a light blue. My heartbeat increased at the sight as we just floated there, the waves crashing and pushing us around.

"Zeke, wake up, please don't be stupid, c'mon." I shook him, but no response.

I looked at how far out we were and sighed deeply, adjusting his limp body so his head rested on my shoulder so I could hear his breathing as I began swimming harder and faster.

I know that we weren't going to make it back before the darkness came, but I darn well wanted to be able to see land when it came.

Zeke's breathing was shallow, so I think he might have a concussion at worst.

"You better not stay like this the whole way, Zeke, and whether you like it or not, I'm gonna kiss you when we get back." I whispered, my face hard with determination, and hope.

I will do anything to protect Zeke, and I want him to know that. At first what we had wasn't as big to me, but now he's my number one, my everything, my boyfriend.

Justin's POV

I cuddled up to Niall's side, just as he sat back on the bed after having a shower.

He smiled down at me, pulling me on his lap so I could curl up into his chest.

"How are you feeling?" Niall mumbled, kissing my head. I licked my lips, looking up at him and shrugging. Niall sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't comfort you at the hospital."

I shook my head, smiling small, "Its okay, Ni. You were tired... it happens. I'm not angry or upset."

"But I'm angry and upset with myself." Niall frowned, "I'm your boyfriend, and your mine, you mean everything to me, and its bad enough I'm a terrible comforter, and I suck balls at showing I care about you and Zayn. I'm such an asshole."

I chuckled softly, leaning up  and kissing him. Niall blushed, smiling as he kissed back.

I swiped my tongue across his bottom lip, asking for entrance, in which he accepted access.

He cupped my cheek, deepening the kiss, stroking it lightly.

I moaned as he bit softly on my tongue, adjusting so I was straddling his lap.

The door suddenly opened, causing me to jump, noticing Zayn walk in, closing and locking the door behind him.

"Is ever-"

"No, I don't want to talk about it alright. Its clear on what's just happened, don't push anything further. I'm not in the mood to explain and quite frankly I just want to have a moment to try and recollect my thoughts." Zayn cut Niall off, "So if you could cut out the make out session, I wouldn't mind having a cuddle."

I smiled in sympathy, moving so Zayn could crawl between us, then allowed us to curl into each of his sides, and do our best to comfort him to the best ability we could.

I knew why he was upset, and it was painful to see that Zayn had just lost his mother.

But Niall and I needed to comfort him in the best of our abilities, giving him his own time to think of what to say, do or feel.

Authors Note; Short chapter, sorry.

:) Vote, Review, Fan? xx