Scene 6

"Cass? Is there anything, anything at all you can do to help us?" Dean was calmer now as he stood near Castiel, begging him for help. Sam watched on carefully.

"Dean..." caution heavy in Castiel's voice as he spoke. Castiel tried to maintain eye contact with Dean, but the piercing sadness of Dean's eyes made it impossible, as Castiel eventually had to look away from Dean, as he shook his head slowly.

"Cass... Anything... We got squat. We need something, anything you can do. Not Guardian you. Angel you. Friend you. Anything..." Sam keenly felt the desperation in Dean's voice and it echoed on his face

"I could ask the other angels if they know..." relented Castiel.

"Thanks..." Dean said as Castiel started to walk out of the library. Suddenly, Dean ran to stop him, as he thought of another question. Now standing in front of Castiel, Dean asked, "Cass? Do you know the names of the hunters that looked after her, raised her? I mean..." Dean looked over at Sam as he spoke, "they're family right? And people keep in touch with family... so there's a chance."

Maybe Dean was clutching at straws, but they had to do something. Castiel nodded and turned back to the table where he once again picked up pen and paper and started writing names and places down.

No one said anything while Castiel wrote. When he was finished, he rose and made for the stairs, at this point there was little to say.

With Castiel halfway up the stairs, Dean stated again, "Thanks, Cass..."

Castiel merely tilted his head, in the direction of the boys and advised, "I'll be in touch."

Castiel opened the door to the bunker, as Dean thought of yet another question; he blurted out, "Cass wait..." Castiel stopped, turned and leaning over the balcony looked down at Dean, a questioning look on his face.

"Where was she at... the last time? Where was she last?"

Castiel, without even needing to think about it replied, "Hope Falls, New York."

Dean scoffed, shaking his head, mouth open, "Now that's not ironic at all."

Fade out