Scene 2

Sam walked into the library to find Dean.

Thought after thought, question after question, racing through his mind.

'What is happening? How is this possible? Is she dead? What happened to her? Is Dean okay? Am I okay? How could Mary do that? What happened to dad? How did dad not know? How could dad let her do it? How could she choose her, our sister? What happens now? Is our sister a Demon now? Will we ever know anything?'

Sam walked up behind Dean and began, "Dean?"

In that one word, Dean could hear all of his brother's unasked questions.

"Is she gone?" Dean choked, though he did not turn around to face Sam.

"Yeah." breathed Sam.

Dean turned then. The tears that brimmed at the edge of his eyes, threatened to fall over and cascade down his face. He was shattered; he stood watching his younger brother, barely holding it together.

Sam desperately wanted to comfort his brother, while his own world fell apart. Unable to find the words, he simply stood there, shaking his head. He lifted his hand to his face, wiping at the tears that were falling freely.

Dean inhaled sharply, and took two steps towards Sam pulling him into a hug, one hand on the back of his head, his other arm holding him fast and he said - eyes to the ceiling - tears finally falling down his own face,  "I know Sammy! I know."

Fade out