Scene 21

"Dean!" the word was short, abrupt and full of accusation; Sam could not believe what he had just heard is brother say.

"Help me move her to the cabin, Sammy." Dean's comeback. Dean was standing over by the girl now, but Sam had not moved since she had passed out.

"What? No." Sam tripped over his words. "I can't believe you are my brother right now!"

"Yeah – well ok... just help me move her to the cabin – you can lay it on thick when we get there!" Dean shot back at Sam, he was too hurt and physically lost, to lift her by himself or he would have.

Sam dutifully came over and carefully picked Chayse up, carrying her back to the cabin. He lay her down on the bed nearest the door, while Dean went for the medical kit in Sam's bag.

Dean moved over to the bed, opening the kit, he set the supplies out on the table beside the bed. Quickly, he started to attend to Chayse's wounds.

"Dean..." Sam started again, but Dean cut him short, "You can either shut up or keep talking and help!" he grunted from the bed. Sam moved over to the kitchenette and after milling around for a few seconds, he came back over to the bed with a bowl of water and a tea towel. Sam sat down opposite Dean on the bed and started to clean Chayse's head wounds.

"Dean..." he began slowly, "You can't seriously be thinking that you will help her, and then leave her to fend for herself once the next hound has..." Sam faltered towards the end, not able to finish the sentence – so astonished that his brother could be so callous.

"Sammy... Dude... When have I ever, 'not helped' someone who needed it?" Dean was clearly upset that Sam was thinking this way, but he kept working at Chayse's wounds. Sam, however, stopped.

"But you said... You told her that you would..." Sam sighed; frustrated that he could not string his words together in a coherent sentence.

"Sam!" Dean stunned that Sam had believed what he had said earlier to Chayse, began, "She was scared. She did not want our help. All I could see was her waking up – mid us trying to patch up her wounds – and striking out at us to stop her. Look... She needs our help now, and, she will need our help when she comes to. Our kind of help. We can figure out why this is happening to her and stop it. I hope... Either way – we help her." Dean, who had stopped cleaning the wounds to say this, turned and went back to work.

"But you said..." Sam stopped short of finishing that sentence and instead countered with, "You were lying?"

"Whatever it takes, Sammy. We can fight another hound and then you can help her. Either way, she isn't going anywhere without us close behind her – until we know what is happening here..." Dean did not look up as he said this, but he sensed a calmness come over Sam.

"And Hope?" Sam asked.

It was Dean's turn to sigh now. He slowed what he was doing – almost stopping – and trying to stay positive, he said, "We will find her. We are going to find her. In the meantime, we help her..." Dean motioned to Chayse, lying on the bed, and looking over at Sam, he continued, "We have never stopped helping others. Not ever. No matter how bad things got for us or how much we wanted to do something else – we helped anyone near us, who was in trouble. Even if we did not want to – we just did. That is not going to change now. No matter how close we are to Hope. We help Chayse."

Fade Out    

Hymn to the Missing (Supernatural Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें