Memories **Part One**

** Okay, I don't normally do A/N at the beginning of chapters, but I'm going to make an exception today. I have a goal for this story. Two, actually. One, is to writ on hundred chapters. The second? Is to get 10K reads. I already have 7,951 reads, and I want to thank y'all so much for helping me get this far. I do the easy part, writing the story, y'all do the hard part, sticking with me through this whole thing. I mean, when I first started, I honestly thought that nobody would like my writing, and that I was a horrid writer (which I don't completely deny) but I still can't believe that so many people read, and enjoy, my stories. I will say it once more time, thank you. And  for reading this rant, y'all get a chapter! Hope y'all like it! **

** Major time lapse: five years **
** Thalia is ten years old, Sarah Jane is five years old**

Tris' POV 

"Thalia! Thalia, Arikka is here!" I call and hear Thalia's footstep patter down the hall. Arikka is Thalia's best friend since kindergarten. They are connected by the hip, but they are polar opposites. Thalia loves books and poetry, Arikka doesn't like either. 

"Thank you, Mama." Thalia says and pushes her glasses farther up the bridge of her nose before goes to the front door to greet Arikka "Hello!" 

"Hey, little buddy!" Arikka cheers and engulf Thalia in a hug. Her eyes widen when she sees me. "H-hello, Mrs. Prior." ('Little Buddy' is my nickname that my friend Arikka gave me and I wanted to use it. Love you, buddy!)

"How many times do I have to tell you her name isn't 'Prior'?" Thalia jokes. "It's Eaton. It changed when she married my dad, I read that's how it works."

"You're always reading!" Arikka claims.

"True, but I need fiction to survive reality. And to know that we are not alone." Thalia states proudly. She has always been a reader, and writer, for that matter. 

"How are we not alone? What is out there?" Arikka asks with mock curiosity. I try and hide my laugh when I hear another set of footsteps patter down the hall.

"Mama! Mama, daddy chasing me!" Sarah Jane yells in the voice of a five year old. I notice that she has a piece of paper in her hand.

"What paper do you have?" I ask sternly.

"I don't know, I found it." Sh nudges the floor with her shoe. 

"Can I have it?" 

"Sure," She hands me the paper, which is stats for initiation. 

"Did you get this from your father? His desk, maybe?" I lecture. I don't like lecturing her, but I need to know how she got the paper.

"It was on the floor beside his desk. I found it there, honest!" She says frantically. 

"Okay, I believe you." I say. "Can you take this back to your-- Oh, he's right here." Tobias runs down the hall. 

"Were'd the paper go?" Tobias asks and eyes Sarah Jane. 

"Here," I hand him the paper. "It feel off your desk, Sarah Jane grabbed it and brought it here." 

"Okay." He says and looks down at Arikka. "Hello, Arikka." Arikka's eyes widen. 

"H-hi." She gasps. Tobias raises his eyebrows.

"She's scared of you," Thalia says, like it is the simplest thing in the world and picks at her fingernails.

"Tha!" Arikka exclaims, turning crimson red.

"It's okay, when I first met him he scared me to the point to where I couldn't breathe." I say with a grin and Tobias' head snaps toward me. Arikka is still crimson red.