Not Kill, Just Seriously Injure

** Time lapse: One week ** 

Tris' POV

"Are you ready to go home?" Tobias clasps my hand with his own and grins "That was a stupid question, of course you want to go home." 

"Yeah, is Thalia at home?" I ask as I stand with shaky legs. I nearly fall, and I would've, if Tobias hadn't caught me. 

"You good?" He whispers, his head beside mine as he helps me to my feet. He kisses my temple and loops his arm under min and I clutch his shoulder. 

"Yeah, thank you." I mumble and sit back don on the edge of the hospital bed. Sarah Jane begins to cry. Tobias goes over and lifts her out of her bassinet. She continues to wail. 

"I think she's hungry," Tobias looks pointedly at me. I grin.

"Hand her here," I say and hold her against my chest and begin to feed her. She stops crying immediately. I smirk at Tobias' reaction.

She finishes and I dress her-- a little black skirt and gold shirt with little sneakers. She giggle and looks up at me with her big, blue eyes. The blue eyes that she got from the man I love, and the man she calls her father. Or will, once she learns how to talk.

"You never told me if Thalia was home or not," I say sarcastically.

"Oh, right. She is with Zeke, which was probably a mistake." Tobias grins at me and I toss my head back.

"Zeke? Zeke is an idiot who can't take care of a five year old." I groan. Tobias laughs.

"Calm down, I asked Thalia who she wanted to stay with for a little while, and she said she wanted to b with her Uncle Zeke." Tobias places his hands on my shoulders. He knows that I'm still weary of letting her stay with anyone, especially after what happened with Mother and Father. "She is with Zeke, he's like a brother to her. he would do anything for Thalia, he would kill for her." 

"You're right, I'm just... I'm just worried about her. I couldn't bear if anything happened to her, it almost destroyed me when she went missing..." I feel a tear slip down my face and Tobias quickly wipes it away with his thumb.

"I understand, it broke me as well, to know that someone had, and was hurting, my only daughter, before Sarah Jane. And then to find out it was my so-called father and supposedly dead mother and half sister, it..." He pauses and sighs before continuing. "I-- we-- will never let anything happen to her, ever again. If someone so much as makes her cry, I will kill them with my bare hands."  

"I know, it's..." I trail off and rest my head on my shoulder. "I'm scared that she is holding it all inside, you know?" He rubs my back soothingly and I sigh. I breathe in deeply and recognize his smell, a smell I've associated with safety. Metal, wind, and peppermint, from the salve he uses to relieve his sore joints. 

* * * * 

"Zeke!" Tobias shouts and pounds on his door again.

"What?" Zeke growls but shrinks back hen he sees who it is. "Oh, sorry, Four." 

"Is Thalia okay?" I ask fast.

"Yeah, she's playing with some teddy bear. It's the cutest thing you'll ever see." Zeke exaggerates his words and Tobias and I glare. 

"Can I see her?" I hiss. 

"Yeah, someone's mad..." He mumbles and I grab him by his collar and put him in a headlock.

"Take it back," I growl. I look up at Tobias and he raises his eyebrows. With frustration, I release Zeke and he falls to the floor. "Sorry." 

"Mama?" Thalia questions from inside the apartment. "Mama!" She scrams when she realizes it's me. I crouch down to her height and she jumps into my arms.

"Hey, baby girl. How are you doing?" I whisper and stroke her hair. 

"I's good, I's glad you's home." Thalia says and hugs me tighter. I hear Zeke and Tobias begin to exchange words.

"She looks so much like you, Four. But with Tris' blonde hair. I can tell that she's going to grow up strong and beautiful." Zeke complements. I smile, but Thalia isn't paying too much attention.

"And you call me soft," Tobias laughs.

"Shut p, I'm being nice to your daughter!" I hear a punch, then a thud. I spin around and see Zeke and Tobias on the floor, in a full on fist fight. 

"Go to Auntie Shauna," I nudge Thalia forward and she rushes into the apartment. I jump to my feet and try and get in between the best friends, the one who I look at like my brother, the other I'm madly in love with. 

Groaning with frustration, I pull on the collar of Tobias' shirt, but lose my grip and go flying backwards. Fists are flying and punches are being thrown. My brother and husband are going to kill each other.

"Stop! Tobias, stop! You're going to kill him! Zeke, quit punching!" I wail and it seems like time stops. Tobias and Zeke quit fighting, and stand up. Tobias has a split lip and a bit of a limp, and Zeke has blood running down the side of his face and it looks like his nos is broken.

To my surprise, Zeke wraps his arm around Tobias' shoulder and Tobias does the same and they begin to laugh.

"What the h***?" I say loudly and Tobias walks away from Zeke and toward me. 

"It's alright, but he started it." Tobias places his hands on my shoulders and his thumbs run soothing circles on my collarbone. I sigh but glare.

"You're both idiots..." I mumble and collapse into Tobias' arms and Zeke shouts that he is soft.

"I don't think this is what the doctors meant when they said 'take it easy'." Tobias whispers into my ear. I laugh softly.

"I wasn't going to let y'all kill each other." I mumble. Tobias laughs again.

"We weren't going to kill each other, just seriously injure." He can mentally see him smirking. He kisses my forehead then my nose, causing me to scrunch up my face, as if I tasted something sour. 

"That is adorable." Tobias says.

"I am not adorable." I growl and glare at him. 

"You're right, that word is too small. You're much more." 

"I love you, let's go get Thalia." I lace my fingers with his and we walk into Zeke and Shauna's apartment. 

Hii *waves* Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes! 

-Love, Emily
Be brave