Reunited

Tobias' POV

We got a hit. She's somewhere in Amity. I didn't waste a minute before starting to gather weapons to go. I know my father had something to do with this, I just know it.

The gang is coming to help. Will would be our tech guy, Zeke, Uriah, and I would go and sweep the location until we find her, the rest will be back up.

I'm coming, Baby. I promise.

Tris' POV

Caleb frantically tells Jeanine that Tobias had found me, that he was here. I've been praying for this moment for longer than I can remember.

"Get Marcus to take her back to her room. He him hold hr there," Jeanine says and flicks her wrist to dismiss him.

Caleb nods and grabs my upper arm and drags me out of the simulation room. 

"You think you're gonna be let off that easy? That Marcus will really give you up to his worthless son without a fight?" Caleb snarls in my ear.

"He is not worthless!" I fight against his hands but it does no use.

He scoffs and continues dragging me down the hall.

* * * *

When we get back to my "room", Marcus is already there. He smirks and takes me from Caleb's arms as if I'm a worthless bag, which to them, I probably am.

"Why, don't you think you're lucky that my worthless son is coming to rescue you? Like you're some sort of damsel in distress? Ha," 

I glare at the wall and when he grabs my chin and forces me to look in his direction, I spit on his face. He yells in disgust and throws me onto the bed. Then binds my wrists and legs, rendering me useless of movement.

The door busts open and three men about my age storm in. I would recognize them anywhere. Zeke, Uriah, and Tobias. Tobias. He came, he really came.

"Tris," He breathes his eyes soft and warm.

Marcus moves from his position and puts a .45 caliber pistol to my head. Tobias tenses and trains his gun on Marcus.

"Marcus, put that gun down now," Tobias growls.

Marcus laughs, causing his belly to rumble against my back. I cringe away in disgust.

"Put down that gun down," Zeke warns, sidestepping Uriah and stepping next to Tobias. 

Marcus doesn't flinch. 

Tobias lifts his gun, signals me to me to move to the left slightly, and when I do he shoots Marcus in the left shoulder. He screams a blood curdling scream and drops me to the floor and I hit the ground with a thud and a groan.

Tobias tucks his gun back into the waistband of his jeans and rushes toward me. He helps me up gently and moves my matted blonde hair out of my face, his mouth open in awe. I leap forward into his arms. For the first time in months I feel safe. He holds me close, his arms crossing over my back and hands caressing my upper arms, which are covered in bruises.

I bury my face in the crook of his neck and take deep breaths of his smell. Soap, metal, and peppermint. He smells safe, smells like home.

"I thought I would never see you again. Never get to talk to you, hold you, kiss you. I prayed more than I breathed, and here you are," He whispers in my ear.

I'm in too much shock to speak so I just hold him tighter. He pulls back and looks me straight in the eye. I know what he's thinking about doing, but too nervous to do it. So I do it instead. I press my lips to his and he kisses back almost instantly. Our lips move in sync, we have each other memorized. I've missed this. I've missed him.

"Come on, the gang's waiting," He stands and I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. One hand holds me by the thigh and the other is wrapped around my back.

Just like that, he carries me out of that living h***.

* * * * 

Since I can barely walk, let alone run, Tobias carries me onto the train with ease. The gang had gotten on before us and was already seated on the dusty train car floor. 

Ever since I was taken, I have developed serious social anxiety. I stay next to Tobias' side the whole time, his arm around my waist. Nobody says anything. Will is the first to break the silence.

"Wait, does this mean you have your memory back?" He asks with hope.

I nod, not wanting to make too much noise. When I was there, if I would make too much noise, I would be beaten.

* * * * 

Tobias had told the gang that he would take care of me and wanted to be alone. They said their goodbyes and went their own ways. Tobias helped me back to our apartment.

Once we got in, he had me go sit on the sofa. I obeyed. He came in a moment later with a change of clothes, one of his older shirts and a pair of black shorts. I went to the bathroom to change then came back out.

He was still on the sofa, waiting for me. I sit next to him and shyly take his hand. He turns toward me and engulfs me into his arms, my arms trapped between us.

"I love you," Tobias whispers in my ear and kisses the skin right below my ear.

"I love you, too," I say quietly and gently press my lips to the hollow beneath his throat.

"Sleep, I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you," He mumbles into my hair.

"With what?" I ask.

"My bare hands, obviously,"

That night, we fell asleep on the sofa, too tired to go back to our room, in each other's arms. That was the safest I'd ever felt. He held me tightly, in a life preserving hold, as if I would vanish if he didn't hold me tight enough.

He protected me from the dangers of the world, he is my guardian angel.

So, yeah, he found her! Hope yall liked it! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily
Be brave