Chapter 23

I woke up to my stupid alarm clock ringing.

It's Monday!

I turned it off and rolled out of bed. Kyle hasn't called since the day we did it. I tried calling him but it goes to voicemail. I guess I just have to wait to see him in school today to ask what's wrong.

The sun streamed in through the blinds. I sighed and went into the bathroom, wearing a t-shirt and jeans, a little makeup and sandals to match my top. For some reason, I want to look exceptionally beautiful today for Kyle.

I made my way downstairs and had a quick bowl of cereal. I quickly finished my cereal and headed back upstairs to get my backpack and phone.

I got out and the school bus was already parked in front of the street. I walked in flashing the driver a smile and got to the back of the bus. I pulled out my earphone and played Cypher by SSD to block out the noise that filled the bus.

***

As I stepped off the bus I grimaced and sighed, swapping my backpack to my shoulder. I slowly walked down the road, heading for the school building straight ahead.

I got into the school building and saw Kyle from afar putting books in his locker. I happily skipped to where he was with a grinning smile.

"Hello, boyfriend!" I said still smiling sheepishly.

"Hey." He said not even looking at me.

"So-"

"Let's break up." He said cutting me off.

"Excuse me?"

"Your ears aren't blocked are they?"

"I do-don't un-ders-tand." I said stuttering.

He sighed and looked at my face which was full of shock.

"I'm no longer interested in you." He said emphasizing you.

I stood there shocked. Is he playing? Is he serious?! What's happening?!

"K-yle..." I trailed off, tears forming in my eyes.

"Lilia the truth is I never liked you. I just wanted to have a feel of your body and honestly, you were worth the challenge. I don't fall in love and even if I wanted to, honestly it won't be you."

I stumbled backwards on hearing this. I can't believe it was all a lie. The care, the hugs, the kisses, I was living a lie. I kept staring at him, my mouth agape. I didn't know what to say. I want to believe I'm dreaming but I'm not.

"So it had to be after we had s-ex?" I said finally mustering the courage to say something.

"Yes. Sex was all I wanted and thank you for giving it to me." He said bowing his head.

This made the first tear roll down my cheek.

"How could you?" I said quietly tears streaming down my face.

"You look haggard. I mean have you seen yourself in the mirror? No amount of expensive clothes can beautify you. I only tried." He shrugged.

"Don't insult me!" I bite out through gritted teeth.

"I'm not insulting you. I'm describing you." He said.

I bit my lip like I wanted it to bleed, still looking at his face. The face of the one who played me.

"I should have listened. I should have known you a fuck boy."

He smirked and went back to putting his books in the locker.